Check out Tranquility Sleep System at Norwalk Mattress Co, Inc.
Sep 20, 2007 11:27 PM
<P>I found this called Tranquility Sleep System. Check out this photo showing how they make it with different comfort levels of latex for certain areas of your body. Lumbar, shoulders, etc. I know someone here was trying to do this on his own.<BR>Click on Tranquility Sleep System and then Click here to see illustration. <BR><BR><BR>http://www.norwalkmattress.com/mainmenu1.htm<BR><BR><BR><BR>Norwalk Mattress Co., Inc.</P>
Re: Check out Tranquility Sleep System at Norwalk Mattress Co, Inc.
Reply #1 Sep 20, 2007 11:56 PM
Foam Nerd
Nice design. It's a Lura-flex offset coil unit with a "pillow top" composed of six 3" thick blocks of Natural Talalay latex which can be arranged to provide firmer support in the middle third than the top and bottom.

Mattress prices start at $3800 for a king and go up to $7000. For that price you darn well better get the best quality stuff.

I do wonder why FloBeds doesn't offer something like this instead of their zone-on-point layer. It's possible that these folks have a patent on this design. I remember reading several patents that all had to do with various zoning techniques.

Edit: They have a lower-priced line that starts at $1800 for a king for an all-latex mattress, but the mattresses in this line aren't component mattresses, don't offer any configurability, and dont' offer the configurable pillow top.

http://www.norwalkmattress.com/LatexMattressespdf.pdf
This message was modified Sep 21, 2007 by haysdb
Reply #2 Sep 21, 2007 2:41 AM
haysdb wrote:
Nice design. It's a Lura-flex offset coil unit with a "pillow top" composed of six 3" thick blocks of Natural Talalay latex which can be arranged to provide firmer support in the middle third than the top and bottom.&lt;BR&gt;&lt;BR&gt;Mattress prices &lt;span style="font-style: italic;"&gt;start at&lt;/span&gt; $3800 for a king and go up to $7000. For that price you darn well better get the best quality stuff.&lt;BR&gt;&lt;BR&gt;I do wonder why FloBeds doesn't offer something like this instead of their zone-on-point layer. It's possible that these folks have a patent on this design. I remember reading several patents that all had to do with various zoning techniques.&lt;BR&gt;&lt;BR&gt;Edit: They have a lower-priced line that starts at $1800 for a king for an all-latex mattress, but the mattresses in this line aren't component mattresses, don't offer any configurability, and dont' offer the configurable pillow top.&lt;BR&gt;&lt;BR&gt;http://www.norwalkmattress.com/LatexMattressespdf.pdf
<BR><BR>I went back and looked at the prices, too. YIKES!! No thanks. It's a nice idea, but my wallet doesn't carry that kind of cash.&nbsp; Interesting that they use LuraFlex springs! As you know, that's what we have under our various latex or PU foam. So far, so good in that department! When my mattress guy said that I should exchange my original pocketed coils for open offset, I was thinking that they would be those really rigid, firm type. In fact, at that point, I WANTED that! But, he assured me that the LuraFlex would still be more conforming, but also more supportive than the pocketed coils. <BR><BR>That would be good if FloBeds could come up with something like this. In fact, I was thinking I could do this myself, with the 1" layers of latex I have. I could cut them in half so the comfort levels are in different areas of my body. But on the other hand, I'm not all that keen on the latex right now! Sigh.
Reply #3 Sep 21, 2007 2:57 AM
Foam Nerd
Interestingly the Lura-flex coil system can be found in quite a price range of mattresses, starting from well under $1000. Might be an idea for something to put under an Intelli-Gel topper.

Recent Posts