Can a claim that a memory foam topper does not sleep hot be true?
Jul 1, 2010 12:18 PM
I am looking at a memory foam mattress topper on costco.com that claims to keep your sleeping temperature right, never too warm. I currently have an innerspring mattress with a few layers of foam that is so hot that I can't stand it. Luckily it was warrantied due to body impressions and a 100% latex mattress is in route, also from costco.com. I was just wondering if anyone knows if these claims of the topper not being hot could be valid or if it will probably be hot as it is just the natural of the material. I know that I can return it to costco if I don't like it, but I was just wondering if I was being had by a marketing ploy? Here is the description from costco.com:

Right-Temp™ Mattress Topper: 

We call it Right-Temp for a reason!  This unique mattress topper combines two exclusive materials to keep your sleeping temperature just right... and never too warm.  That’s what makes our new Right-Temp™ Topper so special!

Three inches of luxurious NutraTemp™ Premium Memory Foam cradles you and conforms perfectly to your body providing extraordinary pressure relief & support. The Nutratemp™ allows air to circulate under you so your sleep is comfortable and undisturbed.

The 233-thread count, silky-soft, washable cotton cover is lined with revolutionary Climarelle™ - a fabric which absorbs excess body heat.  Amazingly, Climarelle™ absorbs and releases heat as it is needed to maintain a consistent and optimal sleeping temperature.

Count on the perfect blend of NutraTemp and Climarelle™ to give you an extraordinarily comfortable, relaxing night’s sleep. 

• 3" thick Mattress Topper made of premium NutraTemp™ Memory Foam for comfort & support
  • Patented open-cell NutraTemp™ Memory Foam allows airflow to keep you at a comfortable temperature all night
  • Memory Foam relieves pressure points & improves circulation
  • Luxurious, soft, 233 thread count cotton cover lined withrevolutionary Climarelle™ fabric absorbs excess heat & releases it as needed for an ideal sleeping climate; stretch-to-fit & machine washable
  • Hypo-allergenic

P.S. We do currently have cheap memory foam pillows that we have never had any heat issues with, but our current mattress is unbelieveably HOT (and sagging after just 6 months)! Can't wait until it's gone!!

Recent Posts