Can anyone recommend a good experience of 2" Sensus on a firm coil mattress?
Aug 31, 2010 6:23 PM
Hi folks,

I am wondering if I need to give 2 inches of sensus on top of firm mattress a try.  Has anyone bought 2" toppers from either overstock... foambymail.... or someone else that you are really happy with for some length of time?  On top of a firm mattress?  I tend to see comments that folks love MF or tempur beds for a (short) while and then either the product or the body... "fails."

Over the past couple of years, I have tried mostly latex from 1" to 6 inches in combos of 1" and 2 inch layers, and feel that the push back is not accomodating my spine.  I did include 1 " of "eco green latex 4 lb memory foam.. which I have folded to test 2 inches, and a 1 inch sensus 5 slb piece.. both from overstock.  The "sensus" one inch did not accommodate much... felt firmer than the 2 inch sensus I tried several years ago.  The two layers of 1 inch sensus did not feel anything like the 2 inch slab previously.  the 2 inch was firm but accommodating.. but the new stuff was just "firm". 

The only thing I can half sleep on right now is 1 inch, 4 lb memory over 1 inch of either 14 or 20 ILD latex.. over that rock hard mattress.  However, the 4 lb starts out feeling great.. but by the time I wake up in the morning.. it seems to have gone flat like an air mattress. 

But earlier in my quest, a few years ago I tried 2 inches of Sensus on an older softer pillowtop mattress, and for about a month it felt like a great improvement.  Then it got warm.. I got hot... and I started not liking the being in a hole.. hard to turn (I am a flipper).... etc.  The problem could be the lack of support of the memory foam slab.. and I am (probably dreaming) that 2" on very firm bed (now) might work?

They say you are crazy when you do the same things that didn't work (try another 2 inch mem foam) and expect a different outcome.

I am telling myself it is different ( 2 inch piece, maybe different supplier.. and the physics of single piece) but am I just crazy to think of this?

I am not Thomas Edison and am tiring of the 10,000 failures.

Thanks, shovel99

Recent Posts