Brylane Home latex topper - any good?
Nov 28, 2007 12:51 AM
I ran across this on my search for toppers.

http://www.brylanehome.com/decor/Natura-Latex-Mattress-Topper.aspx?PfId=94697&DeptId=15184&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0

It's a 1" latex mattress topper for $64.95, which is vaguely described as "medium" firmness, at Brylane Home. I was wondering if this might be a good place to start as far as getting a comfort layer for a very firm innerspring, since it's not very expensive and it's returnable. Does anyone know what "Natura Latex" is? Is there anything that makes it look like bad quality or...?

BTW, if anyone else is interested in these, be sure to do a search for promo codes, cos there are various ones that would either give you free shipping or a percentage off.
This message was modified Nov 28, 2007 by CorinaB
Re: Brylane Home latex topper - any good?
Reply #1 Nov 28, 2007 3:19 PM
Well, with nothing much to lose, I ordered three of these (to stack), and we'll see what happens! I was worried about return shipping, but Brylane Homes said it would only be $5.50 to return all three of them. I used the free shipping promo code BHAPPY49 for the inital shipping charges to my house.
Reply #2 Nov 28, 2007 5:14 PM
Great price. Let us know how they feel.
Reply #3 Dec 1, 2007 7:14 AM
Thanks for heads up. My guess is that far from medium. Probably same as the Overstock ones--1" convoluted soft.. That said, I also bought 3 to play with. Even if convoluted, mating the surface somewhat restores to original form (IIR, memoryfoam.com used to have a 1" convoluted topper made from slicing up 28 ILD material. Also, if same as the Overstock stuff (which I also have) it's actually thicker than 1" so mated ends up over 2". Can't go wrong for the price. BTW, I assume it's the Natura from Canada (google it).
Reply #4 Dec 1, 2007 10:59 AM
Yeah, I'm also thinking it will be too soft, but I guess we'll find out! Do you have a firmer latex topper to compare it with? I'd love to know what ILD you estimate it is when you get yours, since I won't have anything for comparison.
This message was modified Dec 1, 2007 by CorinaB

Recent Posts