Back pain is one of the most causes of disability across the globe. It’s surprising to know that most of the back pain is not always caused by serious health issues like any surgery or cancer or arthritis. Most of the time it is postural habits & movement behavior.
Here we are discussing the best sleeping positions for back pain & hopefully find some relief.
1. Sleeping on the back with knee support – Sleeping on the back is considered as the best position for a healthy back, as sleeping on the back evenly distributes the weight of the body also minimizes the pressure points and ensures good alignment of the neck, head & spine.
Its recommended to keep a pillow under the knees to provide support.
1. – Lie flat on the back facing ceiling & avoid twisting head sideways.
2. – Position a pillow to support the head & neck.
3. – Place a small pillow under the knees.
2. Sleeping on your side with a pillow between the knees – Sleeping on your side is one of the most common sleeping positions, it can pull the spine out of position. Correcting this is very easy & this can relieve your back pain. Place a firm pillow between your knees. It raises the upper leg, which restores the natural alignment of the spine, pelvis, and hips.
3. Sleeping in the fetal position – For some people with herniated disc might find the fetal position is the best sleeping position. Because lying on the side with the knees tucked into the chest reduces bending of the spine.
It is easy to adapt to this position you just need to keep your knees close to your chest until the back is relatively straight.
4. Sleeping on the front with a pillow under the stomach – Sleeping on the belly considered as the worst sleeping position but for those who can’t sleep in another position might help with keeping a pillow under the stomach & can help improve spinal alignment.
5. Sleeping on the back in the reclined position – Sleeping on the back with a reclined position is also considered as one of the best positions for lower back pain.
Foundation Slats - SashaBoo Dec 22, 2020 11:01 AM
Re: Foam and Latex - The encasement matters a lot ! - johnalexandar111 Dec 4, 2020 2:07 AM
Getting rid of old mattresses - pearles34 Nov 23, 2020 8:19 PM
Re: How to Choose The Perfect Mattresses - Susy212 Oct 25, 2020 1:41 AM
Re: Can Adjustable Bed Help Lower Back Pain? - Susy212 Oct 22, 2020 7:09 AM
Re: Can Adjustable Bed Help Lower Back Pain? - samjohn Oct 21, 2020 8:16 AM
Best foam by mail for 6" mattress? - aaronmcd Oct 8, 2020 7:35 PM
Re: Best Mattress for heavy people? - Gaps55 Sep 15, 2020 5:19 AM