Best mattress for heavy man...?
Nov 6, 2011 7:09 PM
Since people here are "in the know" - I'm curious what mattress would you nice folks recommend for a big heavy guy... I'm about 6 ft and 375 pounds (no jokes please).   So yeah, I know I'm a fatty.  I've had back issues since I was a kid, having curvature of my spine - and I live with back pain every day.

I know some people love memory foam beds like tempurpedic, I've heard lots of negatives especially for heavy people, like heat, sinking in so far its hard to climb out in the morning, and simply not being able to hold up the weight of a man my size.

We had a serta pillow top, junk. replaced it within a year of purchase because it was just plain bad.... probably a better bed for someone more in the normal range of weight - but it was really uncomfortable for me.

Recently bought a stearns and foster abby lynn mattress from a s&f retailer clearance center, and got a great deal.  So far, I really like it, with the exception that the foam edge on my side has collapsed like, it has little to no rigidness (if that's a real word), you can sit on the edge on my wife's side and it firm and holds me up... on my side, I feel like I go all the way down to the box springs.  And yeah, it was like that from minute one - I guess that's why it was on clearance. The edge doesn't seem to affect  my side while sleeping however, only when I'm really close to that edge. otherwise, its great.

But what would YOU suggest as a good comfortable mattress for a guy my size????

Recent Posts