Best mattress for different size couple?
Sep 21, 2012 3:49 PM
Hi, I believe that I get a sore back (I suffer from sciatica) from sleeping next to my partner. When sleeping alone in the bed Im ok. He is approx 40 kg:s heavier than me so the bed is probably a bit uneven. Any recommendations, what type of mattress and bed should I go for? Thanks x
Re: Best mattress for different size couple?
Reply #1 Sep 22, 2012 1:44 AM
There is no easy solution if you sleep tangled up. The heavier person sinks the bed further down and the lighter person is hammocked and gets a sore back. THe best solution in this case is for the heaviest person to choose the firmest matress they can take, and then add a topper to help with the pressure relief. This means the bed hammocks the least. Beds with pocket coils and/or foam beds will give the best results. If you sleep apart, then the answer is to get a split bed. My Flobed handles two different weights easily and the single corregated latex top overlaps both sides and makes for a smooth transition between the two firmnesses. If you are shopping for high end beds, almost all of them can be ordered with dual firmness or as two twins zipped together.
Reply #2 Oct 4, 2012 12:54 PM
crock wrote:

There is no easy solution if you sleep tangled up. The heavier person sinks the bed further down and the lighter person is hammocked and gets a sore back. THe best solution in this case is for the heaviest person to choose the firmest matress they can take, and then add a topper to help with the pressure relief. This means the bed hammocks the least. Beds with pocket coils and/or foam beds will give the best results. If you sleep apart, then the answer is to get a split bed. My Flobed handles two different weights easily and the single corregated latex top overlaps both sides and makes for a smooth transition between the two firmnesses. If you are shopping for high end beds, almost all of them can be ordered with dual firmness or as two twins zipped together.

Many many thanks for sharing best mattress for different size couple information. Really this information is very nice.

Thanks a lot,

Michael

This message was modified Oct 4, 2012 by MichaelBevan
Reply #3 Dec 6, 2012 9:07 PM
I think you can look at those custom mattresses and some bed manufacturers can include two different firmness on the same bed for people like you. For example, they use firm foam on your partner's side and use a little soft foam on your side. But I forget where I saw it. If you want to learn more, I can find it from my browser's record.
Reply #4 Dec 6, 2012 9:29 PM
Savvy Rest has a very customizable latex system on each side great option. The other for each to pick out a TwinXL and put a topper over to transition.
Reply #5 Dec 30, 2012 6:33 AM
Did you see Daniel Hall posting of Dec 12 re Mattresses 247 on Ebay?  He highly recommends them and they do the split firmness mattress that sounds like what you want.   You might take a look as they are having a great sale now...   They sell all latex and queen I just looked at was $890 to include 3 layers and bamboo cover. 

Recent Posts