The best cotton sheets
Apr 21, 2011 2:36 PM
Today I went around looking for sheets but could not decide. I found

1 Egyptian cotton sheets - Does cotton in them come from Egypt?

2 Pima cotton sheets - what is Pima cotton?

3 Jersey sheets some of which were cotton while others were a blend of cotton and polyster. What are jersey sheets?

4 damask sheets - I don't know what damask means? Can someone tell me please?.

Which cotton sheets will feel more luxurious and what is the difference between all these?

Thank you.

This message was modified Apr 21, 2011 by helpme
Re: The best cotton sheets
Reply #19 Apr 26, 2012 5:23 PM
I've found the best sheets that don't shrink and still stay on our mattress are from Kohl's--their brand called The Big One. I love the crisp, but soft feel. 60% pima cotton and 40% polyester---helps with shrinkage.They don't pill up. I've tried Egyptian cotton, as well as microfiber and they just don't do the trick for me. I just wish sheets were less expensive! Even on sale, they're more than I want to pay. I can find cheaper ones at Ross-Dress-For-Less, but most of them are the kinds I don't care for after one washing, so I've essentially wasted the money.

Jersey sheets are made of the same material a jersey shirt is. Kind of stretchy, soft fabric. I don't care for the feel on sheets. I prefer crisp, but not still soft against my skin. I've never seen damask sheets--just mattresses, couches, draperies, tablecloths, etc. Definition: "A figured woven fabric with a pattern visible on both sides, typically used for table linen and upholstery" Not sure how that would feel to lay on. I'm not a fan of satin sheets, either. Too slippery.

The more the thread count, the more "luxurious" sheets are considered. But, I don't always follow that rule. I don't want my sheets to feel TOO soft. It just makes me feel too hot. I like a cooler fabric and sometimes that can be found in a lower thread count. I'm not talking the cheap, cheap percale, but something in the middle like what I found at Kohl's. I can't handle flannel sheets at all. That's all my mother uses because she appreciates the warmth. Maybe if I lived in snow country! :)
This message was modified Apr 26, 2012 by BeddyBye

Recent Posts