BACK SLEEPERS - What Tempur-Pedic ...Cloud?
Mar 17, 2012 7:26 PM
I'm 5'10, 145 lbs with no significant back problems except maybe a tighter lower back due to flat feet. 

When I purchased my current medium-firm spring mattress, it took a good month for it to feel comfortable, mainly because it felt like it was "pushing" up on my lower back which was relieved by standing up and bending over/stretching...you know that feeeling. Thankfully, my current mattress conformed to my body by creating a little caccoon but when someone else sleeps in the bed with me, it's unbearbly uncomfortable with a lot of back pain (one of the main reasons I want a TP).

So my question is this, since I ONLY SLEEP ON MY BACK, given my weight and size, what matress should I be looking at from the Tempur-Pedic line. Back-sleepers, what is most comfortable for you?

I went to the store today and tried all the Tempur-Pedic's and found the CLOUD-SUPREME & CLOUD-LUXE to be most comfortable, but will they bother me after many nights. The RHAPSODY seemed to firm after trying the CLOUDs and the TEMPUR-CONTOUR select was too firm but maybe it's just an adjustment period to get used to them?

I just don't want that pushing up feel in my lower back which drove me crazy, but definately need support. I CAN'T sleep on sofas and find EXTREMELY SOFT mattress's extremely uncomfortable leaving me with real pack pain so I fear the CLOUD-SUPREME may get too soft and cause back pain, but maybe it's soft with the appropiate firmness underneath?

Any advice, especially from BACK-SLEEPERS (I never sleep on my side) would be much appreciated. The store rep said I'm too small/light for the CONTOUR line and that it doesn't distribute my weight appropiately...too many pressure points. Is there any accuracy to this? And where do you draw the line between too many pressure points (for a firm mattress) and 0 pressure points (an extremely soft mattress)?

This message was modified Mar 17, 2012 by HighVolt29

Recent Posts