Atlantic Beds or....
Aug 19, 2009 12:27 PM
I have been researching the past months for a memory foam mattress after sleeping for a week on the tempupedic rhapsody which i liked very much....i'd like 4" of 5+lb memory foam on top of 8" of strong support foam...i'm a big guy (5'11", 250#).... i have to admit i don't want to pay the $$ for a TP but will if i have to.....i have been through this forum several times and am more undecided than ever as to which way to go...i am considering everything from the TP to bobopedic to costco (novaform, sleep science) to the big S', to walmart, to the marriot bed, FBM, OVM, BAB, etc, etc......that said, i have come across Atlantic Beds and they seem to be the closest to the TP and was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with them or knows of someone who has experience with them....or if you can offer any other advice, (and confuse me even more...lol) i would greatly appreciate it...thanks!
Re: Atlantic Beds or....
Reply #5 Sep 4, 2009 5:30 PM
here's Costco's return policy.....this is why i bought from them....i feel you can't go wrong with a purchase of their mattress because of their generous return policy...

Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones.

How to Return: For an immediate refund (including shipping and handling), simply return your purchase at any one of our Costco warehouses worldwide. If you are unable to return your order at one of our warehouses, please email customer service or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292 for assistance. To expedite the processing of your return, please reference your order number.
Reply #6 Sep 4, 2009 7:06 PM
If you like the TempurPedic, but don't want to pay the price, I suggest looking at Craig's list.  I did and was surprised by the number of people selling their TempurPedic beds at a fraction of the cost after a very short ownership.  I think some people buy them and then discover that the Tempur foam is not for them.

If I were going TempurPedic (which I'm not) this is how I'd buy it.
Reply #7 Sep 6, 2009 4:06 PM
thanks kimberly,, i will check it out.....my costco bed can always be returned or put in the guest bedroom....
Reply #8 Sep 6, 2009 8:21 PM
If you do the Craig's list thing just remember that used mattresses are considered Biohazardous material for a good reason.

That said, half of the current models of Tempurpedic have removable, washable covers. Couple that with the fact that Tempur Material is naturally dust mite resilient and your chances aren't horrible. Here's a list (in increasing amounts of actual Tempur Material) of the Tempurpedics with removable covers as well as their Tempurpedic mandated Queen Size retail costs:

Advantage:      $1700

Classic:          $2100

Deluxe:           $2700

Rhapsody:     $3300

If you have questions about a specific one feel free to ask.

-Alex

Reply #9 Sep 10, 2009 2:46 PM
thanks for the info alex.....after giving it some thought, i think i may be a tad too fussy to sleep on a used mattress....so far i am pleased with my novaform from costco and will post periodic updates.....

neal
Costco Novaform
Reply #10 Oct 8, 2009 6:18 PM
its been more than a month and i am LOVING this mattress!!

i paid $550 for the queen and also bought a versaflex foundation for $200,,,,

so for a total of $750 i am sleeping soundly and not waking up with aches and pains and feeling like an old man
like i was on my expensive coil spring mattress....

highly recommend!!

i will continue to give periodic updates.....

this forum is great!!
Re: Costco Novaform
Reply #11 Oct 8, 2009 6:54 PM
njespo wrote:

so for a total of $750 i am sleeping soundly and not waking up with aches and pains and feeling like an old man

highly recommend!!

this forum is great!!

i just orderd a sleep science one from costco, the EMMA 10 inch memory foam, installing tomorrow, i hope i am happy with mine too...lower back problems for me
Reply #12 Oct 8, 2009 7:57 PM
the great thing is with Costco, if you are ever not satisfied you can return it (or arrange for it to be picked up) no questions asked.....

i don't know of any other retailer (mattress or otherwise) who will do that....

its great peace of mind....

good luck!!

neal
Re: Costco Novaform
Reply #13 Oct 18, 2009 3:26 PM
njespo wrote:
ARE YOU STILL LOVING THIS MATTRESS.  I AM SO CONFUSED AND TIRED OF LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT MATTRESS.  I HAVE DISC DISEASE AND ARTHRITIS AND JUST WANT A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP.  CAN YOU HELP ME OUT?

highly recommend!!

this forum is great!!
Reply #14 Oct 18, 2009 4:53 PM
yes, i am still loving this mattress.....i used to wake up and feel aches in my back and shoulders but since i got this mattress, i wake up pain free....i am amazed at how well i've been sleeping simply because of this mattress....as i mentioned in an earlier post, i got it at costco on sale for $549. with a price like this you can't go wrong.....i also like the fact that the foam is made here in the usa...highly recommended!! good luck with your search!

neal

Recent Posts