Anyone tried the Simmons BeautyRest Pemberton Plush (non PT?)
Jan 27, 2012 3:55 PM
Hi friends,

Over the last 3 months, have been on this forum more than I ever wanted to be.  Have experienced a long, painful (and expensive) Mattress Buying saga which I won't recount here.  Much of the story has already been told in my previous posts.

Briefly, we just returned a Stearns and Foster Pillowtop (from Sleep Trainwreck)...mostly because the Pillowtop was too mushy (learned our lesson) and the bed was too warm.  The too warm part is more of a problem for me, but my boyfriend also thought it was too warm.  So even when we adjusted to the mushy yet comfy pillowtop (which we called "The Mosh Pit"), we knew we had to get something else.

After endless shopping and nonstop research, we finally settled on a Beauty Rest "Pemberton Plush" model at Macy's.  Would have preferred one of the "cooling" Serta Perfect Day beds, but they were all too firm (or the models we liked were at small stores that don't allow returns).  Better yet, would have loved a locally-made, old-fashioned McCroskey -- with no foam -- but those start at $6K and just couldn't justify it.

The new bed arrived yesterday.  It seems very comfortable -- my boyfriend LOVES it already.  I suspect it may get too soft and mushy over time, but we can risk that.

The main problem I see is that this bed is STILL too warm for me.  It feels like it traps body heat.  My BF thinks it's fine, but I swear it's warm all the time.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I am now going to buy low-thread count sheets to see if that helps.  And we already bought the "cooling" mattress topper with "Outlast NASA technology" - it's a nice mattress pad, but I am convinced it doesn't make a bit of difference.

I am also convinced that ALL of the new mattresses have temperature issues.  Never once experienced that problem with my old mattress!! 

So I am discouraged - AND sleepless - and broke -- in San Francisco!

Anyone else tried this bed?  Please tell me some good things about it.  I just can't go through this again (and please don't be a mattress sales person).

Thanks!!

Recent Posts