Any suggestion for a good mattress retailer near NYC?
Dec 17, 2010 7:27 PM
Hi, I was reading through this site and saw some great suggestions for mattress storesTexas, Phoenix, etc. Don't know if I had missed the post on NY but can anyone suggest any good mattress stores in NYC or have feedback on an online retailer. I just found bedbugs in the mattress in my old apartment prior to moving (already fumigated!) and desperately need a mattress asap. I know this is a great site for me to read through but unfortunately don't have too much time to research now. If I could share what I've done so far, would appreciate any suggestions.  I've looked at1800-mattress but understand that sleepy's has bought them out. Wondering what this now means for the pricing there. Also looked us-mattress.com and www.mattressexpert.com but not sure where I'm getting a good deal since all the models are named differently. Am I allowed to bargain with these online sites or would I just be rude in doing so..?  Checked a Sleepy's and Macy's to test out the beds and think I've settled (more out of frustration than anything else) on a Simmons Beautyrest Classic Hanna or Paley or Globe or Alder (these were all the different names I got), or a Beautyrest Anniversary Sylvia or Mirelle--basically models around 600-850 that are firmer. All the prices I've been quoted are actually too high for me so wondering if anyone could offer advice here.  I just graduated from college and need a decent bed but can't afford to pay too much right now in my life. Will also probably upgrade (if this economy picks up!) to a nicer mattress in about 4-5 years. Thanks for your help.

P.S. I've been looking for blogs online all day now and this is one of the best I've seen so far. Thank you all for setting this up!

Recent Posts