Which of these memory foam mattresses would you choose?
May 22, 2011 6:16 PM
Hi, everyone...I'm a first-time poster and a new customer to the memory foam mattress world. I am looking for a full-size memory foam mattress that is of good quality and will last at least several years. My budget is no more than several hundred dollars, so a Tempurpedic is out of the question. I was looking closely at a Dynasty Mattress 12" mattress because it appears to be quite comparable to a Tempurpedic, but a whole lot cheaper. Also, the Dynasty gets excellent reviews on Amazon. However, after doing some more reading and looking in a few stores, the Serta iComfort also appears to be a good alternative. I realize that there are some assertions out there that the iComfort is actually a rebranded Costco Novaform gel memory foam mattress that is manufactured by Sleep Innovations, but I have been unable to confirm that yet. If the iComfort IS a Novaform in Serta clothing, then my choice at this point would be between the Novaform and the Dynasty Mattress.

Does anyone have any experience with any of the three mattresses? I know there is another thread here with mixed reviews on the Serta, so I am looking for some additional feedback on the Novaform and the Dynasty. OR, in the alternative, please feel free to leave some feedback on other cheaper memory foam mattress alternatives as well. Finally, I would also like some advice on any good quality memory foam pillows either from these manufacturers or any alternatives. Thanks for any advice!

Re: Which of these memory foam mattresses would you choose?
Reply #1 May 22, 2011 6:47 PM
Hate to say, but this forum isn't too particular towards memory foam; latex is the favorite here. Is there a local store you can visit that has either of the brand and models for you to test? It would be helpful if you stated your weight and sleep preference. Given Costco's great return policy, you could try a mattress out and return it if you don't like.
Reply #2 May 23, 2011 12:48 PM
need2sleep636 wrote:

Hate to say, but this forum isn't too particular towards memory foam; latex is the favorite here.

There are still people here who have knowledge of memory foam and may be able to help. 

Reply #3 May 23, 2011 7:49 PM
Yeah, I've actually tried a few different memory foam mattresses...the Tempurpedic and the iComfort. I liked the iComfort, so I was leaning towards that until I saw the assertions about it being a rebranded Novaform/Sleep Innovations mattress. I am currently 190, but dieting until I get to about 165-170 max. I prefer a relatively firm mattress, but I was ok with the mattresses I tried out briefly at the stores. Of course, actually sleeping on one could be an entirely different story!
Reply #4 May 23, 2011 8:40 PM
phreaky_d wrote:

Yeah, I've actually tried a few different memory foam mattresses...the Tempurpedic and the iComfort. I liked the iComfort, so I was leaning towards that until I saw the assertions about it being a rebranded Novaform/Sleep Innovations mattress. I am currently 190, but dieting until I get to about 165-170 max. I prefer a relatively firm mattress, but I was ok with the mattresses I tried out briefly at the stores. Of course, actually sleeping on one could be an entirely different story!

I like the contouring feel of memory foam over latex, but latex offers support for my 6'3" 265lb frame.

Recent Posts