What's Next After FloBeds?
May 30, 2014 8:19 PM
My wife and I have been using X-Firm Posture Select Talalay Latex since July 2005.  She started complaining about neck, shoulder and back pain last year.  Now in the past couple of weeks, I have been waking up with stiff right shoulder pain and like a knot in the upper middle part of my back that is between the shoulder blades.  We use a Tempur-pedic foundation and I thought about the slats foundation.  Not sure we like to have it bow and potentially making us roll towards the middle.

I am wondering what we should be doing next.  For folks that have moved from Talalay Latex mattress, what do you use now that you would recommend?

Anyone with experience with Casper(www.caspersleep.com)?  I think it would be similar to what I have now.

Re: What's Next After FloBeds?
Reply #1 Jun 6, 2014 12:32 PM
DBrickD.  You have been sleeping on latex for 9 years and it went well until a year ago for your wife and recently for yourself.  Most people here would say you found the perfect situation and something just wore out.  8-9 years out of a mattress is not bad these days.  The big question I have is what wore out?  The latex top or the foundation?  What is the configuration of the latex? Mattdud.
Reply #2 Jun 8, 2014 12:02 PM
According to the current FloBeds website, I have the orginal Talalay Latex Select Mattress.  It has 2 layer of core which I have selected as XFirm.  It also has a 2" comfort pad and the  100 percent Cotton & Wool Cover.  I took the comfort pad and cover off for a couple of nights and I was back to no acheness.  But the wife is still complaining about neck and shoulder aches.

I did notice there is some breaking down of the comfort layer.  I am going to call FloBeds to see if I can get a new comfort pad layer.

Reply #3 Jun 11, 2014 11:19 AM
DBrickD wrote:

According to the current FloBeds website, I have the orginal Talalay Latex Select Mattress.  It has 2 layer of core which I have selected as XFirm.  It also has a 2" comfort pad and the  100 percent Cotton & Wool Cover.  I took the comfort pad and cover off for a couple of nights and I was back to no acheness.  But the wife is still complaining about neck and shoulder aches.

I did notice there is some breaking down of the comfort layer.  I am going to call FloBeds to see if I can get a new comfort pad layer.

DBrick.  What did flobeds have to say? Mattdud

Reply #4 Nov 30, 2014 11:21 AM
Interesting segment on Casper about 40 minutes into the Sunday, November 30 episode of Fareed Zakaria GPS on CNN.

Quote:

Anyone with experience with Casper(www.caspersleep.com)?

Reply #5 Dec 3, 2014 10:38 AM
Sager!  

Great to see you again. Your contributions are always top notch. Thanks for the cnn link.

Funny how the reporter is just picking up on something that has been going on for a 15 years. 

Recent Posts