SleepEZ - very good experience
Aug 17, 2009 4:05 PM
We were looking for a new king mattress and had narrowed it down to latex or memory foam.  After trying out many mattresses locally we liked both types, but we had two concerns:  having our faces next to plastic derivative (memory foam) or a partial petroleum product (synthetic latex) for years, and longevity of the matress.  So we settled on natural latex, which seemed like it might have less chance of harmful emissions (although I could not find any solid data on this) and would last for decades.  No major manufacturer that we could find has this product - all "natural" lines have other substances as well (notably PU foam) that does not inspire confidence for longevity. 

There were a number of interesting products on the web, and we narrowed it down to Flobed and SleepEZ based on the products they carried and the price.  Called SleepEZ with a question about their 100% natural dunlop latex, left a message, and someone called me back in less than 10 min. with the answer - good service.  We had much trepidation about buying a mattress we could not try out first but the "one free swap out" policy at SleepEZ helped convince us to try it, as well as positive reviews on this forum.  Ultimately placed an order later that day (8500; layers were extra firm/firm/medium) and again got a call a few minutes later to confirm the address and the layers.  They suggested that all layers be split so we could customize each side of the bed independently to which we agreed.

The mattress (in 3 boxes) shipped the next day and arrived in 5 days UPS.  The boxes are much easier to handle with two people as they are heavy and awkward.  Unpacking and arrranging is also a lot easier with two.  The process was not hard and the cores seemed nicely made and cut.  They fit into the well-made zip-up cover snugly although we had our doubts during assembly.  The cover has a tiny bit of padding which is all we wanted.  The mattress is extremely comfortable and we are sleeping a lot better than with our innerspring.

Two minor dings:  The density was labeled with marker on the outside of the plastic wrappers for each layer but was illegible by the time it reached us, I assume from rubbing on the inside of the cartons.  In our case it was easy to tell by feel which layer was which.   In addiiton, the middle layer was not split as suggested and requested.  Fortunately this was not an issue as we were happy with everything as is, but it would have been a pain if we wanted a change out that layer.

All in all a very good experience for an expensive product bought sight unseen - highly recommended because of good customer service and a quality product.

Re: SleepEZ - very good experience
Reply #1 Aug 17, 2009 4:31 PM
Hi David: I posted just before you did and am a new member on this website like you are.

Since no one has responded to my post that I placed here about 24 hours ago I thought I would at least respond to yours, since you have responded to mine inadvertently.

I guess I find this site a little slow since I am use to running a website that has many thousands of users and the responses are almost instantaneous.

Your experience with Sleep EZ is encouraging as I am looking at them also. I have been investigating Savvy Rest and have spoken to them at length. They seem to be very good people running a legitimate business. However they are more expensive than Sleep EZ by quite a bit. What concerns me is how is it that Sleep EZ  is able to sell a very similar product for so much less. For instance the 10,000 model at Sleep EZ  is $724 less money for the same California King mattress that Savvy Rest sells.  Sleep EZ's 13,000 California King sells for a whopping $1300 less money than the comparable Savvy Rest mattress. It makes you wonder how they do it. I have not been able to find out. Sleep EZ also has a return policy that's Savvy Rest does not have. I think I saw someplace that if you return a mattress to Sleep EZ they charge a restocking fee. I do not recall seeing this on their website. Do you know whether this is true or not?

You can read so many things on all the various websites that the ability to make a decision becomes quite difficult. Thus the importance of sites like "what's the best mattress.com."

I hope you enjoy your new bed!

eagle2 AKA Don
Reply #2 Aug 17, 2009 4:48 PM
I just placed an order on a King size 10,000 series from Sleep EZ on Friday. It shipped same-day, I am expecting it this Friday. Today I started making a frame for it.
Glad to hear you are satisfied with the mattress, I am sure I will be too. Hopefully all my layers are split though!
Reply #3 Aug 19, 2009 2:05 PM
@eagle2:  I did find a very wide variety of prices from various sites that claimed to use mostly the same suppliers (Dunlopillo, Latex Green, Latex International, Latexco, etc).  Assuming this is true then we come down to overhead and profit margin.  Based on googlemap image of the SleepEZ warehouse in Phoenix, they are not exactly breaking the bank maintaining a beautiful storefront.  Bottom line for me was as long as I get a good product and good service, which I did in this case, I like lower prices!

@steve47:  Hope you have a good experience as well.

Reply #4 Aug 19, 2009 2:32 PM
David: I have also found another company that appears to me to be a good place to do business. Flowbeds.com. They are a family run business. My feelings regarding FloBeds is that they are a quality company that will give the customer a good experience, at least I hope so as I am leaning there way. There prices are closer to Savvy Rest but have a 90 day return policy with NO restocking fees, just the cost to the customer of the return freight. They also have a good 90 day layer exchange program. They are more costly than SleepEZ and only use Talalay latex. Sleep EZ and Savvy Rest have dunlop if you want it. No extra charge for Talalay from Sleep EZ but an up charge from Savvy Rest for Talalay.

I hope your Sleep EZ bed gives you a great night's sleep! :)

Recent Posts