Sleep EZ latex mattress - too firm despite softer layers than others?
Aug 1, 2011 11:42 PM
Hi everyone,

Got a Sleep EZ 13000 100% Talalay Latex mattress which consists of  4 layers of 2.8" latex from top-to-bottom:  S-M-F-XF.  I am 6'0" 160 lbs, my wife 5'6" 130lbs.  I'm mostly a back with sometimes side sleeper, and she's mostly side sometimes back sleeper.  We both find the bed too firm, and are waking up with stiff backs/shoulder and pressure points after about 1-2 weeks of owning the bed.

Reading other reviews on this website, it seems people have the opposite problem of the beds being too soft and going for much firmer layers.  We are coming from a pillowtop innerspring mattress, but I just don't see how others find the need for firmer beds, as the configuration we have seems to be one of the firmest beds I've ever laid upon.  I've heard it mentioned that going firmer prevents your lower back from sagging and prevents back pain, but I just can't possibly see going firmer.

Anyone else have this problem?  Should I switch out the XF layer and go with S-S-M-F?  Or just go with a foam topper?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2011 by beezar
Re: Sleep EZ latex mattress - too firm despite softer layers than others?
Reply #1 Aug 2, 2011 6:30 PM
I would call SleepEZ and ask if they can give you a discount on a very soft 2" Talalay Latex Topper so that you will still have good support underneath and then if that doesn't work out, I would change the XF at the bottom to F.  Your S-M-F-XF SleepEz configuration is similar to a M-F-XF-Super Firm FloBeds configuration.  If the topper makes the bed too soft if you switch the XF latex core out to F, then, just move the F up on top of the M latex core.

Recent Posts