Simmons Beautyrest Alana Vista
Sep 12, 2009 9:49 AM
Hello, I am hoping that someone reading this has the Simmons Alana Vista Pillow Top Plush.  I recently spent the weekend at a realtive's house and slept on the most comfortable mattress.  We were able to determine that it is the Alana Vista, but the "do not remove" tag is gone.  I contacted Simmons to see if this mattress is still being produced, but they need the pattern number from the tag.  Does anyone have this mattress?  Could you please pass along the pattern number found on the "do not remove" tag?  Thanks! 
Re: Simmons Beautyrest Alana Vista
Reply #1 Sep 12, 2009 10:01 AM
Good Morning!

A little bit of internet hopping shows that the Alana Vista series was active about 4 years ago, making it very unlikely that the specific bed is still made. However, it should be possible to find the comparable current Simmons mattress. Have your relative look at the foot of the bed and on the side tags for the words "Classic" or "World Class" or "Exceptionale" or "Black". The name twinges my "Exceptionale" sense but I wouldn't take my word on that.

Simmons with the words "Plush Pillowtop" are usually their memory foam topped versions as opposed to their latex topped versions. If you can tell me which of the above series it is I can point you in the right direction.

Goodluck!

-Alex

Reply #2 Nov 13, 2009 12:52 AM
I was researching values today on items for my parents Estate sale and read your post.  Their mattress was manufactured in 2/07 and is a Simmons BeautyRest Alana Vista Plus "full size". 

The tags are still attached and say Made in USA by Simmons Bedding - Marked:

HMB TT BR ALANA VISTA PLUS

If you are still looking and this information does not help, I may be able to get more information off the tags.  If you live in Oregon, we have this one for sale and it is in great shape (like new).    Cheryl   raysglenn@yahoo.com

Reply #3 Jan 1, 2010 6:04 PM
This is one of the worst mattresses I have ever owned! My wife and I tried dozens of mattresses at various stores and settled for the Alana Vista because it was quite comfortable and reasonably priced. However, less than 2 years after we bought it the springs began to give out. Now, I am 6' 4" and 175lbs...I should figure my weight is distributed pretty evenly over the mattress. Yet, a very deep impression began to form near the middle of my side of the bed. Currently (3 years into ownership) the indent is quite visible and VERY noticeable during the night. We attempted to submit a warranty request to Simmons and were told that "its normal for the bed to contour to your body". Well, seeing as how I am NOT a 600lb boulder with 2.5' diameter the bed is obviously not contouring to my body. I have begun shopping for a new bed and will NOT be purchasing a Simmons mattress. Oh, and just in case you didn't know...Simmons is in the process of filing for chapter 11.

Recent Posts