1" 32 ILD Queen Latex Topper (FBM) + 1 inch 5.9 lb Queen Mem Foam $40 each, Marietta (Atlanta) 30068
Aug 15, 2013 10:42 PM
Hi Folks,

For sale local in Marietta GA 30068, face to face cash sale:

Queen 1" Latex 32 ILD (medium) latex topper from www.foambymail.com which sells for $99 delivered.   Your price $40

Queen 1" 5.3 lb density memory foam topper from www.foamorder.com  (Sandman measured his at 5.9 lb density and quite firm) This has a stain on it

from the factory but does not hurt the functionality of it at all.  I placed the "sunburn" side down. 

These were my last attempts at improving my pretty good Beauty Rest Simmons which escaped the factory without a comfort layer with just 1 inch of 20 ILD latex topper from FBM on top.

One helpful aspect of a one inch topper is that you can fold it in half and judge whether 2 inches is what you really want.  So if you live close to Atlanta you can come pick these up on the cheap and experiment.  One inch of either has made quite a few folks happy as a big improvement over factory mattress, especially if the mattress is too firm.

If you are interested, post a reply and I will put up my email addresst at a designated time for you to intercept and respond and will then take it back down ASAP.  Suggest a time to put it up for you to be looking for it.

Remember that this blog does not send you email notificationso of replies.

Thanks, shovel00   Paul

SOLD SOLD SOLD
Reply #4 Aug 22, 2013 7:11 AM
HI Sandman,

That is a pretty firm combo except for the top 2", and that appears to be a good thing.

When I was experimenting 3-4 years ago I was surprised to find that more inches of even 20 ILD 100% natural latex (I tried up to 6 inches on just the foundation) got harder as I added it, or at least that was the perception.

My current setup works pretty well.

I just added another inch of 20 ILD from FBM and that appears to give a little better conform around shoulder and hip in side sleep with minor penalty of not quite as AHHHH firm for lying on back.  I am now down to a boney 162 lb on my 6 foot frame ... 64 year old beat up frame... that is.

Great to hear from you and glad your mattress is working for you.

Paul

Recent Posts