Recommend Me A Mattress Based On The Problem I'm Having Now
Dec 14, 2013 11:02 AM
I have a Tempur-Pedic Cloud Supreme. It feels great initially, but turns into unsupportive mush by morning which causes lower back pain and muscle tightness due to over-softening. So I've tried many mattresses and like a soft mattress but need more support and consitent feel. Out of everything I've tried, I liked this mattress here the best: http://www.sleepys.com/en/Beautyrest-World-Class-Recharge-Shakespeare-Luxury-Plush-Super-Pillowtop-Mattress_107955/

This gives me the soft pressure releiving feel that I like but still feels more supportive than my Tempur-Pedic that just seems to keep sinking and sinking. I don't like the firmer Tempur-Pedics because even after they conform to your body, they still feel too hard like laying on a rock. But there's no way to know 100% until you've had the mattress in your home. I didn't realise the problem with the Tempur-Pedic before the swap out period because it stunk so badly that I had to wrap it in a water proof cover (which I loathe to use because of the plasticy feel and sound) and had to sleep on top of a comforter, extra sheet, and blanket under the fitted sheet just to block the nasty smell. When the smell finally subsided enough to take off all of the extra layers I had to put on top of it to block the smell and discovered how dramatic the foam softens up as it heats to the point to where it's way too unsupportive and sinky with no zero push-back, I was already outside the comfort gaurentee return and swap period.

So I need to find a mattress or mattress+topper that has a very soft and plush feel like the the one I linked above but will hold it's initial support and stay consistent throughout the night unlike solid foam that will keep turning to mush as it heats up. And lastly, maybe a best bang for the buck combo since I'm already out so much money on my current mattress. Doing some research it's said that a soft pillow top feels great initially but will wear down quickly and cause dips and discomfort. Is this true for every single model? Would just buying a regular mattress and putting a pillowy topper on it give me the same feel but leaving the top replaceable when it wears down? Based on the mattress I linked to above, can I be recomended a regular mattress and topper to give me the same basic feel? I absolutely love the pressure relieving effect of the memory foam (or a soft/plush mattress), but hate the temperature inconsistency of foam. Please help.

This message was modified Dec 14, 2013 by OffGasser
Re: Recommend Me A Mattress Based On The Problem I'm Having Now
Reply #1 Dec 23, 2013 7:44 AM
Sorry to hear you missed the return period for the Tempurpedic. 

I think you are exactly right that you might really like a firm innerspring with a nice and soft memory foam topper that can be swapped out. 

Recent Posts