would anyone mind helping me evaluate the content of this mattress (Sealy Springfree latex)
Feb 20, 2008 9:13 PM
here is the list of contents according to one website that carries the mattress.  I'm trying to make sure that the core of this matress is actually all latex, not just some latex.  I realize that there are some layers (comfort layers) that are pu foam, and if I click on it it claims to be high density foam, any comments on that?)

Quilt - Top of Mattress
1 ounce FlameGuard Fiber
Fire-Safety Certified
1 1/4" x 1/2" Convoluted InfiniLux
1" SuperSoft SealyFoam

Padding Layers
3/4" Sealy Latex
1 1/2" SuperSoft SealyFoam
3/4" Sealy Latex
Versare Inner Panel
1" x 1/2" Convoluted Latex SealyFoam
1/2" SuperSoft SealyFoam
3/4" Sealy Latex

SpringFree Core
3 layers of Latex laminated together
1.6" Plush Luxury Latex Foam
1.6" Firm Luxury Latex Foam
5.7" Firm Luxury Latex Foam

Description of "supersoft sealy foam"
Description
High quality and high density Polyurethane foam.
Benefit
Cushions and conforms to your body for a plusher, more comfortable feel. SuperSoft SealyFoam is made through an innovative process which produces a more uniform cell structure. And it's 10% more durable than regular foam.
Analogy
This uniform cell structure is like the strength and uniformity of building with bricks vs. the inconsistent shapes of stones.

Description of "Luxury Latex Foam"
Features Luxury Latex Foam contours to your body’s curves, and moves with you as you move in the bed, providing continuous orthopedic support.

As the Luxury Latex Foam contours to your body, your body weight is spread over your entire sleeping surface. The contouring effect spreads your body weight over more of the sleeping surface and minimizes "pressure points", thereby creating a more comfortable sleep. Pressure points can create discomfort and cause you to toss and turn more frequently, so Latex’s contouring property reduces pressure points to help you toss and turn less, and sleep better.

In addition, another feature of Luxury Latex Foam is the "open cell" structure that enables the mattress to "breath". This feature allows the release of body heat and moisture keeping the sleeping surface comfortable.

Description of the "InfiniLux"
Description
Delivers the amazing comfort and resiliency of the best latex foams, and is engineered for superior quality and durability.
Analogy
Like a carton safely cradles eggs, it allows you to nestle in secure comfort

----I realize that is a misleading description that implies it is actually latex but it's not.  Clever buggers-----
Re: would anyone mind helping me evaluate the content of this mattress (Sealy Springfree latex)
Reply #18 Feb 26, 2008 10:05 PM
Hi LPAD,

I did just what you have thought about doing. Over the weekend I purchased the Sealy/S&F mattress that you supplied contents of (the 2nd time): the Saybrook Point/River Crest/Meadow Crest/ Bedford Knoll. I slept on it last night and it was wonderful. I have had lower back, hip and neck pain and only woke up with neck pain due to a pillow thats too firm.

I plan to do what Jimsocial did and disassemble it if and when the top PU foam and convoluted latex wears out. It will still have a 9 inch latex core that is supposed to last for 20 years. The latex box top mattress that I just turned back into Costco was indeed too plush, but this one feels just right, at least for now.

I did get a big blessing because I found it on Craigs List for $750--original price $3150 at Bassett. It is only 1 year old, no body impressions and the young couple who had it thought it too soft. I haven't slept so good in months as I did last night. I wish you similar results with whatever you choose.

Recent Posts