which topper on top?
Jul 18, 2012 2:26 PM
I'm retired and am at my budget limits so I know higher quality would be one solution but this is what I'm working with.  

I am a side sleeper and I turn often with old multilevel back injury.. I'm trying to get enough depth and like not having to prop myself up each time I turn.

I have a new budget 338 coil 7" very firm matress. I intended to buy a memory topper for it with the idea that it will be cheaper to replace the topper then a multilevel memory foam matress.  I cant change this choise now.

The first topper I bought was a bit too thin at 2 inches with a 4 lb density Visco.  I also have a 2" Sleep Innovations gel 3 lb density from Ebay also a bit too thin.

My question is..  until I manage to get a one piece thicker topper.. I want to try to combine the two for a 4 inch combo and I need to know if there is any difference to the wearing of these toppers based on which on is on top.

ie:  Is the gel one on top going to cause more stretching then it was meant to take?
Re: which topper on top?
Reply #2 Jul 18, 2012 3:12 PM
slowroller wrote:

I'm retired and am at my budget limits so I know higher quality would be one solution but this is what I'm working with.  

I am a side sleeper and I turn often with old multilevel back injury.. I'm trying to get enough depth and like not having to prop myself up each time I turn.

I have a new budget 338 coil 7" very firm matress. I intended to buy a memory topper for it with the idea that it will be cheaper to replace the topper then a multilevel memory foam matress.  I cant change this choise now.

The first topper I bought was a bit too thin at 2 inches with a 4 lb density Visco.  I also have a 2" Sleep Innovations gel 3 lb density from Ebay also a bit too thin.

My question is..  until I manage to get a one piece thicker topper.. I want to try to combine the two for a 4 inch combo and I need to know if there is any difference to the wearing of these toppers based on which on is on top.

ie:  Is the gel one on top going to cause more stretching then it was meant to take?

Put the less dense/softer layer on top, unless it's too soft... or, put it where it's most comfortable and wear it out.

GK

Recent Posts