which tempurpedic should I get?
Mar 17, 2012 4:59 AM
My doctor is advising me to get tempurpedic mattress. I have gone through this forum to help me select a tempurpedic but and I am even more confused now.

I dont know what to buy. Not 1 forum member seems to be happy with what they bought. In addition the tempurpedics have disadvantages. First they are said to be hot and second they soften up and

so I am thinking if they soften up don't they lose support?

Please clarify whether i should even sink that much money in a mattress that won't work. Thank you.

Re: which tempurpedic should I get?
Reply #3 Mar 21, 2012 12:11 PM
You might want to focus on the reason why your doctor recommended TempurPedic. Is there some sort of medical reason, does your doctor sleep on one, does he have stock in the company? 

There are many different sleep technologies out there (latex, gel, innerspring, etc.) and something different might be the thing that will work best for you. The previous advice was correct, go and find a quality mattress gallery, i.e. lots of different beds, and consult an educated sleep professional... they are the ones who help different people in different life situations find the correct mattress for them everyday. Just so you know how to spot an educated sleep professional.. they would be someone who asks you lots of questions and gets to know how you sleep before you ever try a mattress and then explains both the positives and the negatives of any mattress. I have been matching customers with beds for over 10 years at Arwood's Furniture & Sleep in Warrensburg, Mo and I pride myself on learning as much as I can about my customers. I believe that's the only true way for you to determine what will work best for you, whether that will be TempurPedic or some other product.

Also, if you have a significant other, be sure to take them along (even if they don't want to go) because their opinions should greatly matter when making a decision this important.

Hope this helps.

Recent Posts