latex mattress for toddler -- what should I be looking for?
May 3, 2012 4:03 PM
Hello all,

I'd love to get some advice about what to look for in a latex mattress for my daughter. She's 2 years old, weighs maybe 25 pounds, and we're ready to transition out of the crib. We have a twin bed slatted bed frame already, so now it's just a question of what to put on top of that. I'm definitely keen on being as green as possible, but I do have a budget (who doesn't?) -- so now that I've recovered from sticker-shock (and after reading some of the more inspirational threads on here) I'm thinking that a more DIY approach is the way to go.

I’m particularly intrigued by this 3” topper on sale at the Arizona Mattress Company: http://www.mattresses.net/3-twin-natural-latex-mattress-pad.html (100% Dunlop, 25 ILD)

I just spoke with someone there and his suggestion was to use the topper by itself on the bed frame, and that I could add a core later as my daughter gets bigger. So I’m just wondering what others think of that idea – is that enough support for a toddler? What have others done? Would love to hear endorsements, concerns, and/or suggestions for other ways to get my daughter on a twin-sized latex sleeping surface.

Thanks in advance. I'm really glad I found this place, as I seem to have fallen down the rabbit hole that is mattress shopping!

Re: latex mattress for toddler -- what should I be looking for?
Reply #8 Apr 11, 2013 2:59 PM
Don't buy keetsa, they are made in China, and you don't want your kids sleeping on Chinese mattresses

Recent Posts