dfran1 and dallasgirl - have you found any bed yet that you like?
Nov 4, 2011 1:46 PM
Hello posters,  dfran1 and dallasgirl. Have you found any bed that you like?

I have read postings from both of you.

About tempurpedics - you say that they are good in begining but soften up and lose support soon. CORRECT. 

That they have not enough support. That they are way overpriced.

What is the purpose if they are way overpriced and offer no support?

is this with all tempurpedics?

That latex looks GOOD ON PAPER but not when you sleep.

Is this with all types of latex? Real latex and blended latex?

Yesterday I went to Savvyrest in Dallas. And tried out all latex they had.

All of them have "PUSHBACK" LIKE the latex is PINCHING ME WHEN I SLEEP.

NO GOOD.

I tried dunlop and I tried talalay latex. and I tried combinations.

NOTHING WORKED.

THE SALESMAN KEPT ON TELLING ME HOW GOOD IT IS. THAT IT IS ORGANIC.

hell I don't care if it is not comfortable at all.

I got so FRUSTRATED WITH HIS ORGANIC RANT THAT I TOLD HIM THAT "DIRT IS ORGANIC"! 

LOL.

I am in the same boat. If it is not tempurpedic or latex what can I sleep ON?

DO THEY OR DON'T THEY MAKE  GOOD BEDS IN AMERICA THE SUPPOSEDLY THE MOST ADVANCED NATION ON EARTH?

This message was modified Nov 4, 2011 by Joed
Re: dfran1 and dallasgirl - have you found any bed yet that you like?
Reply #6 Nov 7, 2011 2:40 PM
Ironically, my favorite mattress to date is an old Spring Air in our guest room. Used to be in our master & was a family hand me down. But, I love that thing and whenever I have back pain with mattresses in our master bedroom, I retreat to the guest room for a few days and the back pain is gone. Ha. The only reason we no longer sleep on it is b/c we've gotten used to a king. Neither my husband or I are small people, so going back to a Queen size is nearly impossible! But, we do sleep in there together sometimes even though we could no longer do it long term. BUT- this mattress is firm!

That said, it's kind of ironic that it's my favorite b/c from what I understand, I woudl not at all recommend buying a Spring Air today- I think they've had a hard time with the economy, and their quality has really suffered. IF it was ever that good to start with. Who knows. But, the old one we have has been great for us. But, I dont plan to invest in another one b/c I think maybe we were just lucky on this one. Or maybe they made them sturdier back then!

Reply #7 Nov 7, 2011 8:17 PM
roy1 wrote:

Joed, tempurpedic cloud would not provide you with more support or cushion. It is thin at 8 inches. It has only 2.8 inches of tempur foam. So as it softens up, you will feel the hard foam underneath. My advise, don't buy it.

How do you know?   Do you or have you owned one?  Have you owned any memory foam or Tempurpedics.  If so, what brands and models?

Reply #8 Nov 8, 2011 3:15 PM
To the original poster, sorry about my harsh criticism above, you didn't deserve it.  I'm not going to change it cause it's already out there.

About other's claims of an x" thick mattress will do such and such, I'd like to see that backed up with personal experience.

This message was modified Nov 8, 2011 by slpngoc

Recent Posts