Zuzu Latex Mattress
Feb 15, 2016 8:32 AM
Has anyone heard of Zuzu latex mattresses? I tried a couple at Sleepy's yesterday. One was all foam/latex and the other had a coilspring base and a layer of gel. Nice that I was able to try it since I've read that latex mattresses are tricky to find in showrooms. But then I Googled the name and can't find any mention of it anywhere. The salespeople say the parent company is either Classic or Sleep Options.

I also read on a site that 9.5-inch latex mattresses should be supportive and comfortable for anyone weighing 250 pounds or less. This may be a stupid question, but does that mean that a 9.5-inch mattress meant for two can support two people each weighing 250 pounds or less? The one I tried yesterday is 10.5 inches.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Zuzu Latex Mattress
Reply #4 Mar 11, 2016 2:08 PM
When I hear rolled up, vacuum sealed, I think Imported low grade foam mattresses.  They do this to maximize space in cargo containers.  I'm sure Sleepys didn't disclose this fact.  Check out your law label to verify.  I don't believe these mattresses are up to domestic standards (as far as certain chemicals, consistancy, and quality control).  

I was considering a Costco memory foam before I was informed why they were so cheap.  I guess a lot of these beds are from the same factory who slap different names and boxes, then sell to different stores.  Personally I would not want my child sleeping on these.  That's just me though.

Re: Zuzu Latex Mattress
Reply #5 Mar 23, 2016 6:58 AM
No, i think the pressure is different between 1 and 2 people who sleep on the Mattress.

Pressure relief. Pressure points tend to develop at the hips, shoulders, knees, and ankles, and the severity varies depending on your resting position. Mattresses should distribute pressure away from these areas. This is especially important for medical scenarios, where long-term exposure to pressure points can lead to skin ulceration.

Recent Posts