Westin Heavenly Bed
Aug 2, 2011 9:39 AM
I m looking at buying this bed.  Is it a good decision.  Many comments say it it soft and eventually sags. Do you know if this is true.  Any feedback would be helpful
Re: Westin Heavenly Bed
Reply #4 Aug 2, 2011 11:39 PM
Dallasgirl wrote:

Kathy,

Yes, this bed is made by Simmons. My husband and I have now had and returned two Westin Heavenly Beds from Nordstrom. A shame! The WHB is so comfortable at first and I can even remember lying on each of them the first few nights thinking how supportive and how nice it felt. BUT-- then the sagging begins :( The first one took about a year or so to notice. Nordstrom's replaced it for us bc it was causing me constant back pain. The second was even worse and started sagging somewhere around month six. Again, causing such back pain that I began sleeping in the guest room and we returned it once and for all.

The good news-- if you do buy one, BUY IT FROM NORDSTROM'S! Their customer service is excellent and they will return the bed for life with I believe a $200 restocking fee or so. Not free, but minimizing your loss if you do not like it.

The bad news-- in my experience, it WILL sag and become painful within a year or so. Maybe more or less for some people. That said, my husband and I are not small people. But not obese either. He's ~6' 215-220lbs and I am ~5'8" 160-165lbs just to give you an idea.

We have considered very firm traditional mattress with no pillow top. We've considered memory foam. We've actually even tried latex from SleepEZ with no luck. We're sleeping in our guest room on an old piece of junk firm mattress right now until we sort this out b/c I am too nervous to drop $1500+  on a mattress that's going to fail me in a year and more places will not return past a year, if past 90 days or if at all.

Don't mean to rant- I'm in the same boat as many of the folks on this forum. My fancy expensive mattresses are causing me a great deal of back pain and I'm so overwhelmed with what appears to be no simple solution. And not a cheap one either. Like I said- if you give this one a go- BUY IT FROM NORDSTROMS so at least you do not lose all of your money if it fails you. While I was unhappy with the mattress, I was happy with Nordstrom's.

I hope my experience helps!

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Wow - this is such a tragedy, really. It's not like we can afford -- most of us anyway -- to throw away thousands of dollars to test and find out what works, and get stuck with moving the enormous monstrosities in and out - the recharge and stocking fees, at best -  the whole nine yards. It's a nightmare. No wonder we can't sleep!

Re: Westin Heavenly Bed
Reply #5 Nov 13, 2012 1:52 PM
I had the Weston bed a year as well.  I bought it from Norstroms because they claim to have an easy return policy.  After having the bed a year it became progressively more uncomfortable.  The return has been a problem.  It took weeks of talking to Roosevelt Fields nordstroms to get the bed picked up and finally I called the Nordstrom 1800 number and they were very nice.  The bed was picked up 2 weeks ago and now the store has to process the return.  I am still working on this.  If you do buy the bed call the Nordstorm order line as working with them is much easier than the store.  Side note that Bloomingdales has much better customer service and ease of returns with mattresses- one of the best return policies.
This message was modified Dec 12, 2012 by rgrga

Recent Posts