Topper Help
Apr 11, 2012 10:48 AM
Back in March of 2011 my wife and I bought the SleepEZ Select Sleep 10,000 bed with the Talalay blend latez.  After trying several different variations my wife ended up with her three layers from top to bottom are: Soft, Soft, Medium.  Mine are: Soft, Medium, Firm.  The latex is in the supplied cover and then a fitted Luna mattress protector is on over that.

Now a year later the bed is harder then ever for both of us.  My wife says the bed hurts her back to the point she is sleeping on the couch now.  Unfortunately due to a surgery last year from a work related injury we are past our warranty and are stuck with the bed.

One thing we both notice is the supplied latex cover really takes away from the softness of the latex.

I want to start looking at a topper.  What is a good thickness?  i was thining 3 inches but is that over kill or not enough?

What are some good ones everyone has ended up with?

Re: Topper Help
Reply #3 Apr 13, 2012 7:02 AM
My top layer of 3 inch latex and 1 inch memory foam are not in any type of cover.  A fitted mattress pad and sheet holds them just fine.  Some memory foam is denser than others.  I got the 5 lb 1 inch "Sensus" memory foam from Overstock but I don't think they sell that now.  2 inches of a good quality memory foam may work well for you if you don't find it too warm.  A wool mattress pad helps keep my bed cooler.
Re: Topper Help
Reply #4 Apr 13, 2012 10:08 AM
Just ordered a 3" memory foam topper from Overstock.com.  It's a 3 pound topper so I'm hoping that will do the trick.  Thanks for the help

Recent Posts