Tempurpedic supreme cloud mattress - half asleep half awake - thoroughly confused
Feb 14, 2012 2:32 PM
I got a tempurpedic supreme (cloud series) mattress set about 10 days ago. At night the mattress starts out as firm and then somewhere during night some parts of mattress specially where i am heavy,  turn soft.

I am turning and tossing. Also I am using a down imitation pillow. I dont know what is happeneingbut when I forcemyself to get out of bed Because i havent had good restful sleep, I am tired and aching.I am thoroughly confused.    Please help.

I am 6 feet 1 inch tall, weight is 215 pounds and I sleep on side. I also have low back issues due to herniated disc.

thank you. Please help.

Re: Tempurpedic supreme cloud mattress - half asleep half awake - thoroughly confused
Reply #5 Feb 16, 2012 11:09 PM
nervousbreakdown wrote:

so should I do an exchange for basic cloud or rhapsody? or something else. You know I am wholly confused here.

Please help given my body dimensions of height which is 6 feet 1 inch weight which is 215 pounds and my sleeping position which is side sleeper.

Also low back pain because of hernaition in low back disc.

thanks so much.

(Please note that I am having some kind of ache in all of my body that is in contact with the surface of the tempurpedic cloud supreme. An unpleasant feeling. Neck pain also may be due to down imitation pillow. I am wondering if a tempurpedic pillow could solve my neck pain and maybe make the supreme mattress okay too? )

I want to respond to your post and the gentleman below you.

I'm not a huge fan of down pillows, but if it's comfortable, then keep using it.  Another pillow won't solve a mattress problem.  i used a Tempurpedic pillow for 3 years, tried a couple alternative down pillows, but have been happilly using a TP comfort pillow for 5 months now.

Ok, about the Cloud Supreme:

1) Do you have any sense that you are just sinking too far into the mattress?  

The reason I ask is I went through having an iComfort Revolution for 4 weeks.  It was flat out too soft for me.  Although it was comfortable, it was not supportive enough, so my neck was affected in the morning.

2) If you are saying you just don't like the comfort feeling, the surface feeling of the TP Cloud Supreme, it seems that getting the regular Cloud wouldn't solve anything.   I love the feeling of memory foam and Tempurpedic.  My right shoulder will always hurt, yet I can sleep more time on it than any other mattress I've tried, and I've tried S&F conventional, and blended talalay latex.

To the poster above, yes, there are some that just don't get on with memory foam beds or latex, but I'm not one of them.  This Cloud bed has been a huge blessing to me.  Over 5 months on it and I have not one regret.  It feels fabulous, best bed I've ever had, by far.  No kidding, no hidden sales person here.

Re: Tempurpedic supreme cloud mattress - half asleep half awake - thoroughly confused
Reply #6 Feb 17, 2012 2:28 PM
slpngoc wrote:

I want to respond to your post and the gentleman below you.

I'm not a huge fan of down pillows, but if it's comfortable, then keep using it.  Another pillow won't solve a mattress problem.  i used a Tempurpedic pillow for 3 years, tried a couple alternative down pillows, but have been happilly using a TP comfort pillow for 5 months now.

Ok, about the Cloud Supreme:

1) Do you have any sense that you are just sinking too far into the mattress?  

The reason I ask is I went through having an iComfort Revolution for 4 weeks.  It was flat out too soft for me.  Although it was comfortable, it was not supportive enough, so my neck was affected in the morning.

2) If you are saying you just don't like the comfort feeling, the surface feeling of the TP Cloud Supreme, it seems that getting the regular Cloud wouldn't solve anything.   I love the feeling of memory foam and Tempurpedic.  My right shoulder will always hurt, yet I can sleep more time on it than any other mattress I've tried, and I've tried S&F conventional, and blended talalay latex.

To the poster above, yes, there are some that just don't get on with memory foam beds or latex, but I'm not one of them.  This Cloud bed has been a huge blessing to me.  Over 5 months on it and I have not one regret.  It feels fabulous, best bed I've ever had, by far.  No kidding, no hidden sales person here.

When I first lay on the mattress it starts out okay. then I start to sink in and heavy parts of my body like hips, buttocks sink in more then other parts.

Soon my whole body sinks in and I can feel the firm layer underneath the 2 inch ES layer (that tempurpedic supreme has). So I am aching!

Some of my problem seems to be sinking in and my body touching the other tempurpedic layer that is underneath the ES layer. The tempurpedic layer underneath the ES layer seems to be firm.

You know the mattress seems to be soft on top but at the same time it feels firm, otheriwse i don't understand why am I aching all night and not getting good sleep at all.

Please help. thanks so much.

Reply #7 Feb 17, 2012 3:50 PM
Well, if you really don't like it and can't sleep on it, I hope you have a decent return policy for it.

As a side thought, make sure you're doing all the other things one is supposed to do to help get a good night's sleep.  Just a thought.

Reply #8 Feb 17, 2012 5:09 PM
WEll went back to my store with my I Comfort issues and if I want I can do a return, however there was not one single bed in the place I honestly can say I would replace it with.. I tried the Sterns & Foster with a pillow top, but I know I would just be buying the fancy pillow top been there done that and they don't last any time, then I laid on the one that didn't have the pillow top and it felt like a torture chamber.. and the Sealy Posterpedics were not even close to as good as the Stearns and from then it went completely down hill.  I feel like the woman above that sinking in feeling.. my pressure points now are about done in..one bad night after the other and my husband sleeps right on through and loves this bed.    I guess I will go to other mattress stores and try out some of the brands that this store doen't and put another bed in one of our other bedrooms for a test.. This is getting costly.   I only had 30 days to replace it as i was already a return with my latex bed after close to 3 years, so I don't get the 120 days that Serta gives to first time buyers.   I really am between a rock and a hard place, No pun here.. but wish the bed were harder in the hip area.  So frustrated and really unhappy.. Bedtime has become a nightmare and I am so tired.. good luck to the woman above..
Reply #9 Feb 19, 2012 9:55 AM
do you think any of these tempurpedics would work for me

(given i am 6 feet 1 inch tall, weigh 215 pounds, side sleeper)

1.  tempurpedic cloud luxe

2. rhapsody

3. allura

Reply #10 Feb 20, 2012 11:39 PM
someone please reply. moving thread up.Thanks.

Recent Posts