Tempurpedic alternative....not happy with new spring matt
Aug 11, 2011 3:32 PM
I just purchased a Sealy Posturpedic Bellezza Plush queen size mattress and are not happy with it. Now we are wanting a different mattress that is bigger( leaning towards a Cal King) and something more giving and conforming. Looking towards the Tempurpedic Allurabed/Grand and maybe the Cloud series. What brands such as Dynasty and Sleep innovations make a product similar to each? I am open to other brands too just something that is less that $1200.

Huge thanks in advance to any help provided!

Re: Tempurpedic alternative....not happy with new spring matt
Reply #4 Aug 13, 2011 9:02 PM
ibryant04 wrote:

Any suggestions?

I can say one thing about Sleep Innovations ... First of July I bought a 2" Sleep Innovations memory foam topper from Sears .... ah man that thing stunk right out of the box.  Nasty chemical smell.   Not saying their mattress would smell, but this topper did  I returned it the next day.

I'm a little confused when you mentioned Allura/Grand bed and Cloud, then < $1200.  You mean like those TP beds right?  'Cause those TP are over $2k and way up.

SleepEZ makes a Cal King 8500 all latex for $1795.  If you're out of AZ, should be no tax and free shipping.  Might need another bed / frame though.

Um, I thought some people were digging the Costco 'Novaform' memory foam mattresses.  Have you looked at satisfaction ratings on Sleeplikethedead ?

Walmart shows a spa sensations 12" memory foam mattress Cal K for $399.  I would think low quality  Also an 11" Visco mem foam for $950

This message was modified Aug 13, 2011 by slpngoc
Reply #5 Aug 13, 2011 9:12 PM
ibryant04 wrote:

I just purchased a Sealy Posturpedic Bellezza Plush queen size mattress and are not happy with it. Now we are wanting a different mattress that is bigger( leaning towards a Cal King) and something more giving and conforming. Looking towards the Tempurpedic Allurabed/Grand and maybe the Cloud series. What brands such as Dynasty and Sleep innovations make a product similar to each? I am open to other brands too just something that is less that $1200.

Huge thanks in advance to any help provided!

Have you looked at the Sleep Innovations and Tempurpedic websites?  Compared the models?

Sleep Innovations has a toll free number.  They make the bed, so call them up. 

This message was modified Aug 13, 2011 by slpngoc
Reply #6 Aug 15, 2011 10:52 AM
I would look at all the websites online.  I would also recommend if you have one near you, an Original Mattress Factory bed.  Might want to check them out.  I called I think over 20 of the online companies.  I found a person on the phone I liked and literally bought from them because of the person, who happened to be the owner of the company.  I will say the cover to my online purchased topper is not the best and I understand it is on all of driftawaymattress products they sell.  But, I would invest some time looking around.  I was very disappointed in a few of the companies with asking questions and getting what seemed to be a run around.  Good luck shopping and getting a product you will eventually be happy with.

Recent Posts