Stay away from Simmons brand, researching a "Diamond" brand mattress
Sep 3, 2008 6:56 PM
Purchased a simmons beautyrest plush pillow top from Macy's in May of this year. The mattress was very comfortable however within two months it had sagged one and a half inches or more. My weight is 155lbs and I am a side/back sleeper. Macy's took the mattress back and instead of exchanging for another plush, I decided on a Simmons beautyrest firm mattress figuring that it would be less likely to sag.

The simmons firm mattress turned out to be the most uncomfortable mattress I have ever slept on and I am planning on returning it. At present, I am sleeping on the bed in the guest bedroom. My recommendation, stay away from simmons mattresses.

Am considering a memory foam mattress and came across a "Diamond" royalty memory foam for $1288 at a local store here in the Bay Area , however I have not been able to find any reviews for this brand and the quality. I read the Diamond warranty online and they do not accept returns for body impressions, so this is a red flag. Have another week left to return the simmons to Macy's for another mattress or exchange for something different, subject to a 10% return fee and delivery. I may just opt for a straight return for the time being and try one of those foam pads on the guest bed. Any suggestions on where to purchase a foam pad?

I have been finding that trying to buy a decent mattress is even more challenging than buying a new car. The main problem appears to be poor quality in materials in all the brands, unless you are willing to spend several thousands of dollars. Salespeople I have talked to in various stores have not proved to be very helpful either, and seem more concerned with making a commission that the customers satisfaction.
Re: Stay away from Simmons brand, researching a "Diamond" brand mattress
Reply #8 Apr 10, 2017 11:47 PM
Don't do it Diamond won't stand behind it and in five years you will be left with nothing but back aches and end up buying something else !

Recent Posts