Sleep Success
Oct 5, 2010 1:56 PM
You guys, I am so thrilled. Last night I took everything off the new mattress...wool topper and latex topper. Put on a cotton fitted sheet and bedded down.

I slept. I wasn't hot. I didn't sweat. I didn't have pressure points, or knobs (from the wool topper) digging into my legs. I didn't sink in too far, I didn't bounce around on top.  It was awesome.

I AM still getting used to my new Oxygen pillow..so still adjusting to that. I woke a lot during the night but more out of habit than anything..I was not uncomfortable, I wasn't waking due to hot spots...how awesome is that! I'd wake up and think, "wow, I'm not hot. I'm so comfortable.." and got too excited to go back to sleep, lol.

Thanks to gunman for the gentle reminder that new mattresses take time to break in. It was his post that got me thinking that's just what I"m going to try to do--quit trying to make it work w/ toppers which weren't working, and try it on it's own.  My mattress is less than 3 weeks old. It could use more breaking in but even now it's pretty darn good, for a new Simmons BR.

Now my problem is..I do want to protect the mattress ..but I do not want to add layers of ANYTHING to mess up how this feels.  I wonder if just another fitted sheet will be enough to protect it from the usual body greases, etc. I don't need waterproofing or anything like that.

Here's hoping I can continue to sleep on this as nature intended. 

Re: Sleep Success
Reply #14 Oct 11, 2010 5:56 PM
requin wrote:

This one

http://www.landsend.com/pp/CottonMattressPad~182381_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::WHI&CM_MERCH=IDX_00005__0000000265&origin=index

There are two pictures and they differ. I called to find out which one it is and it's the 'wavy lines' pattern not the diamond pattern. So I think (hope) the stitch pattern won't be bothersome.

I only saw one picture the only the diamond shape.

FYI:  To make hyperlink:  Look under "Your Message", click on 12th box (hyperlink) then copy your link.  Makes it easier for folks to see your link that is clickable laugh

I ordered the Dormier, wait 6 weeks and I will report back.  wink  You can order a sample piece from snuggledown.com.  That helped me make the decision.  It is not dense, and has some stretch to it.

This message was modified Oct 11, 2010 by Leo3

Recent Posts