Simmons Comforpedic vs. Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme vs. KIngsdown 600
Jan 31, 2011 10:58 PM
I am in the final stages of deciding which bed to get.  I have been shopping at Sleepys and have whiltted my choices down to these three beds.  I am 5' 11" / 185 pounds.  My wife is normal size and weight.  She is a great sleeper on any bed.  I have some minor lower back issues.  I love the feeling of the Cloud Supreme and really would like to buy it.  I have read some posts on this blog that have raised some potential concerns about long term comfort.  I also tend to be a hot sleeper and am concerned about this as it relates to the Tempurpedic.  I tried the Simmons Comforpedic and found it to be extremely comfortable and comparable to the Cloud Supreme.  I like the combination of memory foam and latex.  It is theoretically designed to sleep cooler.  It is also the most expensive of all three beds.  The Kingsdown 600 is a last minute contender.  I asked the salesperson what he sleeps on and he showed me this mattress which is also known as "Sleep To Live".  He said that it is a hybrid combination of coil spring, memory foam, and latex.  It comes in configurable firmness by side of bed so my wife could get more softness and I could get more firmness.  The price is similar to the Cloud Supreme.

I am looking for any helpful feedback from people who have experiences with any of these mattresses.  Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Re: Simmons Comforpedic vs. Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme vs. KIngsdown 600
Reply #2 Feb 2, 2011 12:08 AM
After much deliberation, I have decided to go with one of the mattresses that I originally looked at - the Sleep Number.  I am getting the p5 in a kingsize.  After one of my close friends who swears by this mattress suggested I go to their store, my wife and I were pleasantly surprised by the comfort and liked the flexibility.  As I read reviews on how various beds that I have been looking at have sagging and/or heat issues, the Sleep Number bed should not sag as long as there is not a mechanical failure - which if it does occur is covered by warranty and the individual parts can be replaced.  By staying away from a memory foam bed I think I will avoid the heat issue.  I am also going to put an Outlast mattress pad on the bed to further help insure that there are no temperature issues.  

Like many of the other mattresses there is a trail period.  I have read very positive and some negative reviews.  Ultimately the bottom line will be whether my wife and I like the mattress as much as we did when we were in the store.

Recent Posts