Simmons Comforpedic Rava, Indigo Point Gel or Serta iComfort prodigy or revolution??
Jul 23, 2011 11:07 PM
Hi - I am so sick of trying mattresses. lol  I feel like Goldilocks or the Princess and the Pea.  Its too long a story, and it involved Sleepys and their sneaky, dishonest ways, but that isn't what I'm interested right now.  I am looking for my 3rd mattress in 2 months...  and this is what I am interested in right now and having a hard time deciding on, so if anyone has any experience with these, I'd appreciate your insights.  My goal is to have a good mattress for at least 5 or 6 years without sagging (as much as possible), and doesnt make a ridge in the middle, etc.  I will just have the mattress, as I have a platform bed.

I layed on and like very much (in the stores, Goodness knows if they would feel the same at home, its crazy) -- and this is a queen size...

Simmons Beautyrest Comforpedic Rava, (which I think is the same as the AStoria and Bloomfield) -- I prefer the Plush version

I also laid on the Simmons Comforpedic Indigo Point GelTouch -- which felt amazing -- but I question how this gel will hold up, its brand new I think.

and today I tried a Serta iComfort Prodigy and Genius...  I loved the Prodigy and found the Genius firmer than I like, but my husband might like the firmer.... I am concerned they will soften up over time in any case and a plush one will become too soft and one or both of us will have body aches.  We are 55 and 56 and in good health and good weight but... well you know how it gets some mornings. lol  I have seen on here a lot of talk of the Revolution in this line, but don't know if I tried that one or if I did, I didn't make a note of it... 

Anyone out there have any experience with any of these mattresses and what did you think?  Thanks so much in advance. Oh btw, right now we have a Serta pillowtop, can't remember the name right now since I haven't slept well in 3 weeks, my brain doesn't work as well as it should, seriously. lol but ...  my husband sleeps well on it but it is too hard for me and the quilted top feels like a lumpy mattress and I wake up with pain in my back -- so..

anyway, thanks!

This message was modified Jul 24, 2011 by a moderator
Re: Simmons Comforpedic Rava, Indigo Point Gel or Serta iComfort prodigy or revolution??
Reply #4 Aug 19, 2011 12:40 AM
      I've laid on every mattress from every store in my metropolitan area and I always come back to the Comforpedic Loft Indigo Point Gel.  At Denver mattress, it's called the Marekerk Gel, but still has the same center third Gel as the Indigo.  It's also called the Dulwich Plush and Southwark at other places on the Web.  The only bed I would prefer is the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe.  But that's 4 grand for a queen, plus it'll probably sag over time as what reviews say about Tempurpedic.  I haven't heard anything about sagging for the Comforpedic Loft's at all.  I also really liked the Memoryworks Olivewood Ultra Plush at Macy's.  But can't find any reviews or comparisons on the Web, and it also seems like it would be hot and sag over time.  I have to say that the Comforpedic would be the best value and comfort for the long term.  As for the Iconfort's the revolution sinks way too much and sag too.  I laid on the side where everyone lays and then laid in the middle and it was a lot firmer and not broken in .  That would drive us crazy to have a hump in the middlle.  Simmons all the way!!
This message was modified Aug 19, 2011 by nmaschek1

Recent Posts