Simmons Beautyrest World Class Extra Firm
Jul 13, 2011 10:33 PM
So, today I went to some local stores to check out really firm mattresses that I could put a latex topper on.

I really liked the Simmons Beautyrest World Class (Parksdale) extra firm. Anyone have experience with this mattress? They actually had a 2" Natura natural talalay latex topper at the store, so I was able to try it on top, which felt great. Nice and firm, but the latex was good on top.

I'm having a hard time finding a lot of reviews on this mattress in general. It felt very nice & firm in store and they of course assure you of no sagging. But- hard to know. Do these materials seem like they'd be durable? Or no? Or anyone have this one?

Apparently it contains the following:

1" high density purfoam- luxury foam

1" energy foam (3.5lb NxG memory foam band in center 1/3 support area)

1000 coils / 13/25 gauge (8")

1/2" Energy Foam

Re: Simmons Beautyrest World Class Extra Firm
Reply #11 Aug 2, 2011 3:03 PM
old_golfer wrote:

Molly,  I have a Simmons Beautyrest Bagwell, extra firm mattress for over seven years now and at 230 pounds, it's flat as the day I bought it.  However, I have been adding mattress toppers continuously.  First I tried a 2" memory foam from Macy's which proved to be to hard.  Then I added a quilted wool duvet from McRoskeys with not much success.  Two week ago, I purchased a Queen Rejuvenite mattress topper from Arizona Premium On-line with a 28 ILD rating manufactured at Latex International and while this feels nice to sleep on, the 28 ILD on the extra firm simmonds is still too hard.  Hope this helps.

The McRoskey mattress topper is a Brun De Vian-Tiran topper which is a very comfortable topper that I just added over my Rejuvenite Topper.

I just added a 19 ILD Rejuvenite Latex Mattress Topper over the 28 ILD Topper and then the Brun De Vian-Tiran Wool and this combination is in my humble opinion "PERFECT".

Recent Posts