Simmons Beautyrest Pemberton
May 1, 2011 3:33 PM
Hello All,

I'm looking at purchasing a Simmons Beautyrest Permberton Mattress from Macy's. The price appears to be $899. Does anyone know if there are any negatives to this mattress or reviews? If anyone knows the equivalent to it in a different retails chain I would appreciate telling me so I can check the reviews on it. Does the price seem decent? All of the $400-500 mattresses seem to cave in when I sleep on them and I'm 170 lbs. Also does anyone know if you make a little noise if they will offer free shipping? $70 seems like alot for a $900 mattress. Should I wait for Memorial Day to see if the sale will be better?

Thanks

Re: Simmons Beautyrest Pemberton
Reply #3 May 1, 2011 11:22 PM
npolite wrote:

Thanks for the response. I'm looking at the queen size http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=541579&CategoryID=37816#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D39

They don't mention the coil count.I have a 15-18 year old Sealy Esteemed Pageant and don't really want anything that I sink into. I like something firm with no frills but also nothing too cheap.

Also I have heard some people had problems buying from Sleepys with bed bugs. Should I go to one place over another?

If you click on the links on the page above for your model it will show you the specs. I believe this is the one you are talking about:

• Mattress height: 12"
  • Comfort level: cushion firm
  • Quilting and comfort layers of plush PurFoam for total surface-to-core comfort
  • Coil gauge: 13.75
  • Coil density: 800
  • Beautyrest Pocketed Coil® springs conform to your body and eliminate mattress motion
  • 3" of gradient foam encasement creates a comfortable edge-to-edge sleep surface
  • Triton® box spring supports up to 2,000 pounds of pressure for long-lasting durability
  • Luxury knit mattress cover
  • Available box spring heights: 9" standard, 5" low profile
  • Meets federal fire-retardant safety standards
  • 10 year non-prorated warranty
  • Compatible with adjustable bed frames; additional charges apply

Personally, if you can afford it, I would suggest moving up to the 980 coil model. Not sure if Macy's carries this or not. I think this will provide more support and be better for you since you said you have issues with firmness. Stick with the firm model, but the 980 coil density would be the one I would try. My philosophy is that one should buy the most bed one can afford. This will cost you more like $1600 because it's in their World Class line but imho it's a better mattress and will serve you better. But if you're not a finicky sleeper the cheaper model may be alright for you.

I've never shopped at Macy's but I somehow doubt they will negotiate the shipping price. However many local mattress stores will negotiate on shipping, often offering it free. In most mattress stores you can offer about half the marked price on the mattress. Some mark them at that (half) price but most do not. Things like shipping and mattress protectors can sometimes be negotiated for "free".

This message was modified May 1, 2011 by jimsocal
Reply #4 May 29, 2011 4:05 PM
In Minneapolis/St. Paul Macy's does not charge a delivery fee for mattress if the values is over a certain amount, copied from their site:

"Mattresses $799 and over FREE"

Reply #5 May 29, 2011 4:58 PM
http://www1.macys.com/campaign/social?campaign_id=61&channel_id=1&cm_sp=dealsandpromos-_-n-_-n says the shipping deal ends on 12/31/2011.  I agree with jimsocal: buy the best mattress you can afford.  Make sure to read the return policy if you are having a mattresses shipped.  Just because they can ship you a mattress of $70 doesn't mean you can ship it back for that same price.  Unless you can find a freight company, etc.
Reply #6 May 30, 2011 5:08 AM
sleepswithcats wrote:

http://www1.macys.com/campaign/social?campaign_id=61&channel_id=1&cm_sp=dealsandpromos-_-n-_-n says the shipping deal ends on 12/31/2011.  I agree with jimsocal: buy the best mattress you can afford.  Make sure to read the return policy if you are having a mattresses shipped.  Just because they can ship you a mattress of $70 doesn't mean you can ship it back for that same price.  Unless you can find a freight company, etc.

You can generally do better at mattress stores, if you know how to haggle and especially if you have some time to shop around and get various prices from various stores. Keep trying to beat the price from one store to another. Yeah, they have different names on the mattresses but you can generally tell by the look and feel of it. Plus, with Simmons it will still be in the Classic line, the Anniversary line, the World Class line and now the Elite line and the NGX line. The lines remain the same from store to store, just the names of the indiv. matt's change.

Reply #7 May 30, 2011 9:56 AM
if your not poor and humble, then whats the point? - Terence Mckenna
Haggel a little bit.  If there are more than a few mattress stores around they most likely will try to match their competitions price.  atleast thats what would happen around here

Recent Posts