Side sleeper, need help picking latex topper
Oct 12, 2010 9:12 AM
Hello everyone,

I've been up since about 5am today, due to the usual inability to stay asleep. This has been going on for years. I've had a sleep study done (no apnea), make sure I'm in bed by 11pm every night, etc. I have no problem falling asleep but I wake up at least 10 times a night to reposition myself because my arm / shoulder or hips are falling asleep or aching. Yes, 10 times, minimum, wide awake, staring at the ceiling. My health and well being is deteriorating and I have a strong feeling it is due to my sleep issues.

Today I just decided to stay awake and try to dig around for what it is that is keeping me from sleeping. I didn't think it could be my mattress. I've got a relatively new Bergad/Isoform Luna bed... about 6 months old now. Prior to this I had a classic Bergad Isoform bed for about 6 years. I've had these sleep problems for just about as many years and never put 2+2 together! I'm excited to read about latex toppers and how they can potentially alleviate the type of problems I'm having as a side sleeper!! I was just about ready to chuck this mattress and buy a very soft pillow top mattress... 

I'm 5'11, 200lbs, athletic build.

I'm thinking of buying a 2" 32 ILD talatay pad but would like some input from someone with experience. Is this soft enough to give me the circulation I need? Is this thick enough?

Re: Side sleeper, need help picking latex topper
Reply #17 Oct 24, 2010 6:42 PM
Just following up. I received the latex topper last week and have been using it for just as long. It actually feels pretty nice, it's about the same firmness as the softest foam layer of my isoform luna mattress... maybe just a little firmer. Overall I've been sleeping pretty decent. I'm still not 100% sure whether it is the latex topper or the rejuvinate pillow that is the most beneficial. I'll update again in about a week!

Recent Posts