Shepherd's Dream Custom Box Insert
Dec 20, 2014 5:46 PM
A few years ago I put together a latex mattress comprised of toppers of various thicknesses and ILDs. I was using my old box spring as a base and could never find a suitable replacement. Well I finally found one and I can't tell you how pleased I am, it's perfect! I bought a custom box insert from Shepherd's Dream:

http://shepherdsdream.com/shop/custom-box-inserts/

The Queen size insert is shipped in 3 cartons. One carton contains the long side rails, the other the shorter head/foot rails, and the third contains the slats. There are 2 oversized screws placed in each corner. All you have to do is remove the screws, line the pre-drilled holes up, and replace and tighten the screws. You place the box insert on your bed frame, and then insert the long support rail down the middle into a groove on each end. Then you lay the slats into their grooves and you're done! It took me about 10 minutes and I put it together by myself. It's very heavy so I did need help placing it on my bed frame. It's made of top quality beautifully-finished Douglas Fir. I was going to cover it with a fitted sheet to make it look like a box-spring, but the wood is so beautiful that I left it uncovered. It's a little pricey ($885, no tax and free shipping), but this is a quality item that I'm sure will last a lifetime.

Re: Shepherd's Dream Custom Box Insert
Reply #2 Feb 1, 2015 9:02 PM
mattdud the base is expensive, but like you said it will last a long time. I don't mind paying a lot for a quality item, and this is very well made and attractive.

My old mattress and box spring were very old and sagging. I didn't want to use a traditional mattress and box spring anymore, so I built the latex mattress and kept the box spring until I found something more suitable. Now my bed is complete and perfect!yes

Quote:

Narnia.  Those are very expensive bases.  They will last a hundred years to be sure.  What was wrong with your previous box spring?  Mattdud

Recent Posts