Serta Icomfort size problem, anyone else?
Jan 23, 2012 9:20 PM
I just bought a queen size Serta i-comfort Revolution.  I brought it home and when I was setting it up, I noticed that the zipper that attached the mattress to the base (I got the motion base) had a few inches extra fabric on the base side.  The queen size mattress protector and sheet set were loose when I put them on.  Turns out that the mattress is a few inches short on each side (Measured 58"x77" instead of the standard queen size of 60"x80")  The base measured properly for a queen.  So it definatley is bigger than a full, but not quite a queen.  The consumer tag on it said its a queen size...  

I went back to a Mattress Warehouse and measured the one in the store and it's the same.  The Salesman said it was becasue it's foam and has rounded corners.  (rounded couners might give you 1/2" but no way 2 or 3")  I measured other mattresses in the store and they were correct.  Even a tempurpedic queen measured as a queen.   Any body else notice this?  I really hate having ill-fitting sheets.... 

Re: Serta Icomfort size problem, anyone else?
Reply #20 Mar 6, 2021 6:20 PM
We just purchased a Sealy I comfort 4000 firm hybrid mattress from Mathis Brothers in Indio California. My husband had them set it up. I was not at home at the time but when I came back home I realized after looking at the mattress that it was much smaller than the adjustable bed frame that we had also bought from Mathis Brothers. It also looks slumped in the middle so we took out the leveler and a measuring tape and found that the Cal King, which is supposed to be standard 72 x 84, actually was 69 by 82. We got the same story from the customer service reps at Mathis Brothers saying Serta has a variable of up to 2 inches on both width and length. My first interaction with Mathis Brothers was that I had to send pictures showing both the mattress and the adjustable frame and showing the gaps. I did. Then I got another email from Mathis Brothers stating that I had to take a picture of me actually measuring the mattress. At that point I started getting pissed off thinking I just spent $4000 on a mattress at your store, you were selling me a defective Serta second hand mattress and now I have to prove that it’s not a true CalKing. We will have Mathis Brothers send out another one, but measure the next mattress to prove a point. If it is in fact that much smaller I would probably just have them pick up the other mattress and say goodbye to Serta. I believe after reading several other reviews that a class action suit is in order. Everyone this isn’t right and Serta knows it.
Re: Serta Icomfort size problem, anyone else?
Reply #21 Aug 3, 2023 5:08 PM
Just got a new Serta iSeries® Hybrid 4000 14.5 inches Plush King Mattress. and having the same issue with it being to short, It's 76 inches wide but only 77- 3/4 inches long. Mattress Firm brought out another one and it's the same. Going to try and return. Paid $2650 for it.
This message was modified Aug 3, 2023 by c0bra6557
Are mattresses made from recycled materials better for the environment?
Reply #22 Feb 15, 2024 7:19 PM
With the increasing focus on sustainability, should we consider using mattresses made from recycled materials as a more eco-friendly option? How do these mattresses compare in terms of comfort and durability to traditional ones?
Best Mattress for heavy people?
Reply #23 Mar 11, 2024 8:58 PM
If you're on the heavier side and struggling to find a comfortable mattress that can support your weight, I highly recommend looking into hybrid mattresses. These mattresses typically have a combination of foam and coils that provide both support and comfort, making them an ideal choice for heavier individuals. Don't waste your time and money on a mattress that will sag under your weight - invest in a high-quality hybrid mattress for a restful night's sleep.

This message was modified Mar 12, 2024 by a moderator

Recent Posts