Serta I Comfort Prodigy...horrible hip pain
May 14, 2012 8:37 AM
Just wondering if anyone else out there has experienced this problem with this bed.. I am almost at the 120 day comfort return.. and there is nothing in the store I purchased it from that i even care to exchange for.. should have bought a good coil mattress..feel like I am in quick sand and it hurts my entire body.. 3000 later and no sleep worth a darn..am now in my guest room on a 25 year old mattress getting some relief..   would love to hear from others that have had any problems as I have.. or any solutions..so frustrated..!!!
Re: Serta I Comfort Prodigy...horrible hip pain
Reply #2 May 14, 2012 10:11 PM
Try a latex topper. I had a lot of pain and felt similarly about my Comforpedic memory foam bed when I got it a year ago, but a 2" latex topper turned it into a whole new bed for me - no more sinking feeling, and much more comfortable overall.

Glenbury wrote:

Just wondering if anyone else out there has experienced this problem with this bed.. I am almost at the 120 day comfort return.. and there is nothing in the store I purchased it from that i even care to exchange for.. should have bought a good coil mattress..feel like I am in quick sand and it hurts my entire body.. 3000 later and no sleep worth a darn..am now in my guest room on a 25 year old mattress getting some relief..   would love to hear from others that have had any problems as I have.. or any solutions..so frustrated..!!!

Reply #3 May 15, 2012 9:52 AM
A latex topper is a great idea; but if the bed isn't doing it for you, and is still returnable, it might make more sense economically to return it, get your money back, stay in your guest room for a while longer and keep looking. Some people love memory foam- I did for years.  Others love latex, and you can customize those mattresses or buy a Pure Latex Bliss or a few others in stores. You can find hybrids in places like the Original Mattress Factory. Or you may just prefer the feel of a spring or air mattress.  If you have another mattress, worn out as it is that still allows you to get a decent night's sleep, you've got time to get it right. You could be sleeping on it for 29,200 hours over the next 10 years.....
Reply #4 May 15, 2012 10:26 AM
Here's the thing.. there is no bed of equal value to exchange for.. other than a tempupedic that felt exactly like my I Comfort.. too soft.. Mattress 1 directed me to the one I have because of support when there was another one 1000 cheaper that was much firmer.. but they said I needed the one I am on.. ya know make that commission..!!!  at my expense.. I had a defective Sealy Spring Free for 1 12 years and it bowed across the center.. thus they gave me 1600 credit and I had every intention of exchanging it for a new coil mattress.. however they said no because of my back issues.. and I fell for it and had to come up with another 1500 to get into this beast..  so now looking at Simmons Classic.. Hillsgrove, in another store.. the junk that they have in Mattress 1 is useless... I am disgusted and sleep deprived at this writing and with my track record of buying mattresses am shell shock at this point and my purse is in pain..from too many dollars spent on bad mattresses..   Now where can I get a latex topper..I had bought a memory foam topper for my bad latex and it was a pain on top and then it tore in a few places very difficult making the bed etc.. is this how the latex ones are..I guess that would be a cheaper fix for the moment.. I actually give up..well thanks for reply's, much appreciated..
Reply #5 May 15, 2012 11:15 AM
Ouch!  What a tale of woe.  The cheapest places to buy latex toppers I've seen are foambymail  (http://www.foambymail.com/LTX_T/talalay-latex-foam-topper.html) and Sleep EZ (http://www.sleepez.com/pads.htm.  Call and talk to Sean for his recommendation).  If you buy a cover with it (comes with the Sleep EZ toppers) you shouldn't have the tearing problems when you make the bed. Others may chime in if they've found other places to consider. It is a drag to have to spend more money, but if this solves your problem, the time and additional hassle savings might well be worth it.  Good luck!
Reply #6 May 15, 2012 11:38 AM
A Latex topper might help if the goal is to isolate body heat from the mattress memory foam to prevent it from warming up and sinking like quicksand, but in general, a topper will not fix an underlying support problem.  "Horrible hip pain" suggests a sagging support issue... a topper will just sag along with this.

GK

Recent Posts