Sealy IComfort is Horrible!!!
Feb 3, 2012 10:35 AM
We went from a 20 year old mattress to the Serta IComfort 3 weeks ago and we are regretting it every morning!  It is like sleeping on a board.  It is so hard and seems to have no give.  My husband jokingly says this mattress must be made for people who are very overweight, because it will take a lot to make any impression in it.  I am a side sleeper and I wake up with numb arms and hands thoughout the night, I assume it is from no "give" in the mattress so my body weight is all on the arm I am sleeping on.  I have not slept an entire night since we got it.  My husband says he thinks it has gotten a little better in the last 3 weeks, but not enough to warrant the $1800 we paid.  Needless to say, we are both regretting the decision to buy this mattress.  And here's the worst part, we live in TN and apparantly, in our state, you cannot return a mattress.  Something about hygeine.  Yes I get it, and would be ok if we were talking a few hundred dollars, learn your lesson and go buy something else, but we are screwed.  We certainly don't have the money to go buy anything else.  So the 120 day in home trial means nothing.  

Does anyone else have any suggestions?  I have heard buying a memory foam topper may help, but isn't that putting memory foam on top of memory foam?  Any suggestions of how to make this bed softer would be helpful.  

Re: Sealy IComfort is Horrible!!!
Reply #8 Feb 3, 2012 7:28 PM
AMY2008 wrote:

It seems that Tennessee has a special regulation - referencing the below.

https://customerservice.macys.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/102

I'll have to look into the standards. I would hope it would be the case anywhere...

Yeah..I checked a few other major companies and they all say not available in Tenn. It appears that Tenn is the only state it isnt permited as far as I can see. North Carolina you cant resell a used mattress, but compaines have taken in the exchanges and shipped them to their SC stores to resell. It just seems in Tenn you cant take them at all.

Re: Sealy IComfort is Horrible!!!
Reply #9 Feb 5, 2012 10:44 PM
auntiemame31 wrote:

We went from a 20 year old mattress to the Serta IComfort 3 weeks ago and we are regretting it every morning!  It is like sleeping on a board.  It is so hard and seems to have no give.  My husband jokingly says this mattress must be made for people who are very overweight, because it will take a lot to make any impression in it.  I am a side sleeper and I wake up with numb arms and hands thoughout the night, I assume it is from no "give" in the mattress so my body weight is all on the arm I am sleeping on.  I have not slept an entire night since we got it.  My husband says he thinks it has gotten a little better in the last 3 weeks, but not enough to warrant the $1800 we paid.  Needless to say, we are both regretting the decision to buy this mattress.  And here's the worst part, we live in TN and apparantly, in our state, you cannot return a mattress.  Something about hygeine.  Yes I get it, and would be ok if we were talking a few hundred dollars, learn your lesson and go buy something else, but we are screwed.  We certainly don't have the money to go buy anything else.  So the 120 day in home trial means nothing.  

Does anyone else have any suggestions?  I have heard buying a memory foam topper may help, but isn't that putting memory foam on top of memory foam?  Any suggestions of how to make this bed softer would be helpful.  

When we got a Comforpedic memory foam mattress last year, it gave me aches & pains in places I didn't know I had. Once we added a 2" topper of latex, though, it turned into the best bed I've ever slept on.

Recent Posts