Sealy Embody or Temperpedic Rhapsody
Aug 13, 2011 7:49 PM

I've been looking for a new mattress and i think i'm either going to go with memory foam or Latex as the choice.  The 2 that i like the most are sealy embody perspective wich is there latex mattress or the Temperpedic Rhapsody.  

While i have found a ton of reviews on the Rhapsody i have found very little on the embody perspective.  I am kind of leaning towards to the Sealy because it should sleep cooler the memory foam, but I’m a little worried about durability as there are hardly any reviews.  THe Rhapsody  has a lot of reviews and seems like it would hold up.  But memory foam tends to sleep hot and i'm kind of worried about the foul smell everyone talks about.  There both price very close, although the Rhapsody  is fixed at 3299 the Embody can be had for around 2900.  

I need to buy locally as i must try it before i buy it.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Sealy Embody or Temperpedic Rhapsody
Reply #3 Aug 13, 2011 10:37 PM
I didn't see any mention of latex type in the Embody on Sealy site.

They tout the features like 'it's got latex' and 'it breathes better', etc... You get the features and trademark names while the type and origin of inside materials are unknown.  Ah well, it's how they do business.

From the site I couldn't tell you what models are in the line.  At least Tempurpedic tells the models and thicknesses of foams inside. 

I guess one benefit is the Embody latex would be a more rigid mattress that you could pick up and move. 

I tried several of the Serta Vera wang latex beds, but egads, the prices skyrockets.  It's like $1700 for entry level twin XL set which has 2" talalay latex, 6" soy based core.  (my SleepEZ was $1,095 for 8.5" talalay latex with switchable layers).

Next Wang model up had one more inch of soy based core and the price jumps $500.  One more inch of latex, price jumps another $500 to $2,700 ... for a twin XL !  those are suggested retail, but still, geeeez.

This message was modified Aug 13, 2011 by slpngoc
Reply #4 Aug 14, 2011 7:25 AM
Sadly i live in GA, and the number of mattress stores is limited.  I've heard people talk about the vera wang ones, i may goand try them.  There is one more Embody latex mattress, its called teh shelter, but again no one carries it here.    
This message was modified Aug 14, 2011 by sleepyman99
Reply #5 Aug 14, 2011 10:55 AM
sleepyman99 wrote:

Sadly i live in GA, and the number of mattress stores is limited.  I've heard people talk about the vera wang ones, i may goand try them.  There is one more Embody latex mattress, its called teh shelter, but again no one carries it here.    

These folks carry latex, lots of Georgia locations, and have a good reputation:  Original Mattress Factory    http://originalmattress.com/locations

Reply #6 Aug 14, 2011 5:36 PM
Sall wrote:

These folks carry latex, lots of Georgia locations, and have a good reputation:  Original Mattress Factory    http://originalmattress.com/locations

Ironicly thats where we got our last spring mattress.  I will take a look at there offerings, thanks for the tip.

Reply #7 Aug 14, 2011 7:34 PM
sleepyman,

I've got the SleepEZ 10000 talalay latex, and it is exhibiting more pushback than good memory foam.  I have an old injury to my right shoulder.  it's as good as it's going to get, but I still roll onto it.

I guess what I'm getting at is latex may not be as pressure relieving as good memory foam

I tried a Rhapsody again this afternoon.  Feels pretty awesome in the store.  Also the base model Cloud and Contour Select are fairly impressive.

At this point, I would almost certainly need a cushiony topper.  Wool might be quite good, but tough to find in twin xl and non-returnable.  then there's memory foam toppers.  I was hoping to avoid needing a topper.

If you like the Rhapsody, I doubt you'd go wrong with it.

Recent Posts