Rejuvenite pillows (Latex International)
Sep 16, 2007 3:45 AM
Foam Nerd
Rejuvenite is a division of Latex International. They offer 8 different pillows, all made from NuForm, which is referred to as an all-natural Talalay viscoelastic latex. They claim some temperature sensitivity, ala memory foam.

www.rejuvenite.com

• Renewal
A low profile design with a luxuriously plush feel. Includes a white check velour washable cover.
This classic pillow is recommended for those who are stomach and back sleepers.

• Restora
A high loft design and larger classic pillow, Restora has a firm and resilient feel for those who prefer more support.
Restora, our best seller, provides maxim
um comfort and pressure relief for those who are side and back sleepers.

• Replenish
Resilient Talalay Comfort Puffs covered with a luxuriously soft velour cover, offers a down-like feel while providing superior pressure relief and plush conforming support.
Perfect for pillow scrunchers and those who enjoy the feel of down but may be allergic."

• Vibrance
A unique, sculpted, contoured shape that cradles your head and neck for proper support and alignment throughout the night.

• Zoned
Exclusive to RejuveNite, this zoned mold offers the support of a contour pillow with the classic look you love! The two custom molded support zones offer enhanced support to you head and neck.

Is this the pillow that JC Penney is selling?

• Bliss
A low profile design with a unique Talalay Latex comfort core that creates a plush feel when snuggled inside the down liner. The cover is a silky sateen stripe cotton with a 260 thread count.
Recommended for stomach and back sleepers, as well as pillow scrunchers.

• Harmony
A high loft design with Talalay Latex Comfort Puffs creating a firmer feel that combines great support with the luxury of down. The cover is a silky sateen striped cotton fabric with a luxurious 260 thread count.
Recommended for side and back sleepers and those who prefer a little more support.

• Melody
On one side you have resilient Talalay Latex that provides breathable comfort and superior pressure relief.
On the other side you have temperature sensitive memory foam providing plush cradling support.

This message was modified Nov 12, 2010 by a moderator
Re: Rejuvenite pillows (Latex International)
Reply #1 Sep 16, 2007 4:49 AM
Foam Nerd
Model Shape Core Cover Profile Firmness Sleep Orientation King?
Renewal Classic Solid white check velour Low Plush stomach and back Yes
Restora Classic Solid white check velour High Firm side and back Yes
Replenish Classic Puffs velour ? ? ? Yes
Vibrance Contour Solid stretch cotton? Low ? side and back Yes
Zoned Classic Solid cotton? ? Zoned ? Yes
Bliss Classic Solid Down Low ? stomach and back Yes
Harmony Classic Puffs Cotton sateen & down High Med-Firm side and back Yes
Melody Classic Solid ? ? ? ? No
This message was modified Sep 16, 2007 by haysdb
Reply #2 Sep 16, 2007 5:11 AM
Foam Nerd
This is the Harmony. I ordered one from the Rejuvenite website because I couldn't find anywhere else to buy it. It claims to have the feel of down but promises to maintain it's loft. A $100 pillow isn't normally an "impulse buy" but it this case it was. It combines the things I was looking for in a pillow.

Another launch, the Harmony, offers white goose down around Talalay latex. The Harmony is ideal for side and back sleepers who are seeking additional support. One of the biggest complaints consumers have with down pillows is that they break down over a year. The RejuveNite Harmony and Bliss pillows feel like fluffy, luxurious down pillows, but they never need fluffing and never break down due to the addition of Talalay latex.

Rejuvenite Harmony pillow
This message was modified Oct 30, 2007 by a moderator
Latex International pillows
Reply #3 Sep 16, 2007 5:29 AM
Foam Nerd
This page summarizes the pillows marketed under the Latex International name.

http://www.latexfoam.com/pillow/pillow_products.htm

Three "comfort ranges"
  • Plush
  • Medium
  • Firm
Lofts range from 5.2 (low profile king) to 7.1 (Jumbo). The link above shows the dimensions for each pillow.
Reply #4 Sep 16, 2007 11:10 AM
Thank you again Haysdb for this valuable information all in one place.  I will be getting the standard plush low profile pillow and will give a review on it when I get it.  I wish it has as low of a loft as the King size Low Profile Pillow but 5.5 is close enough to 5.2 and the Plush feel hopefully will make it low enough for me since my 6" firm or medium Natural Talalay Latex Pillow from Overstock is just a bit too firm and too high for me.  I miss my old Latex Pillow from years ago that was the perfect softness and height for me.

Please let us know you you like your pillow and what you like or do not like about it after trying it out for a few nights. 
Reply #5 Sep 16, 2007 8:42 PM
This response is probably a bit premature, because we bought ours yesterday, but we loved 'em at Gardner Mattress and slept well on 'em last night.

The low-profile plush may be 5.5" when there isn't a head on it, but it does squish down. I found it squishes down to a very nice height for me when back sleeping - too low for me when side sleeping unless I stick my hand underneath (which is how I slept growing up, with a firm low-profile latex pillow as my preferred pillow).

I was a little sorry at Gardner to see that they didn't have a low-profile firm in addition to the low-profile plush (they do carry the high-loft firm, but it also squeezes down to the same feel, although maybe at a greater height as the pillow is a bit thicker to begin with). Neither of these pillows is particularly dense. Gardner also carries other latex pillows (in plastic bags, so we didn't try any).

I may well end up chucking my Costco shaped memory foam pillow...
Reply #6 Sep 17, 2007 6:24 PM
haysdb, I am quite certain the JCPenney pillow is not Nuform foam - just regular talalay. The Rejuvenite pillow we have does feel like a cross between memory foam and latex. I think you'll be very happy with the Replenish, and if it has too much loft, you can do some "surgery" on it to remove some pellets.
Reply #7 Sep 17, 2007 7:05 PM
Foam Nerd
tcdonaghey wrote:
This response is probably a bit premature, because we bought ours yesterday, but we loved 'em at Gardner Mattress and slept well on 'em last night.

The low-profile plush may be 5.5" when there isn't a head on it, but it does squish down. I found it squishes down to a very nice height for me when back sleeping - too low for me when side sleeping unless I stick my hand underneath (which is how I slept growing up, with a firm low-profile latex pillow as my preferred pillow).

I was a little sorry at Gardner to see that they didn't have a low-profile firm in addition to the low-profile plush (they do carry the high-loft firm, but it also squeezes down to the same feel, although maybe at a greater height as the pillow is a bit thicker to begin with). Neither of these pillows is particularly dense. Gardner also carries other latex pillows (in plastic bags, so we didn't try any).

I may well end up chucking my Costco shaped memory foam pillow...

Which pillows did you buy?
Reply #8 Sep 17, 2007 10:22 PM
Low profile plush. Sorry, thought I'd made that clear enough from my early review.

-- Actually, I just went and looked at the container it came in, and that does say "Renewal" in small letters in the lower right corner of the front; so that's the sort we bought. Gardner only had the first two kinds from the list in the original post; each comes with a red sewn-in satin corner sash that says "Rejuvenite" and either "Low Profile Plush" or "High Loft Firm" but no further information. Given Gardner's no-return pillow policy and my wife's preference, we snipped the sash off with scissors before the first night.

FWIW, two nights of good sleep but slightly odd smell from the pillow makes me think I need to run it (or its cover) through the laundry...
This message was modified Sep 17, 2007 by tcdonaghey
Reply #9 Sep 17, 2007 10:57 PM
tc,What was Gardners price on the pillows?Which Gardner did you visit?Jeff
This message was modified Sep 17, 2007 by JCturboT
Reply #10 Sep 18, 2007 11:07 AM
They list for $69 each in std/queen, and I think $79 each for king. We bought 'em from Jerry at the Woburn store; he's there Wednesdays and weekends. We like him a lot. Note the no-return policy on pillows, however. When we went in to buy a mattress there Jerry told us not to get new pillows yet, because sometimes difficulty adjusting to a new bed is actually the fault of the new pillows.

I don't think pillow stock turns over very fast there; we noted that the handled zipper-cases the new pillows come in were beginning to break down.

Recent Posts