Regretting buying Innomax white night Organic latex mattress from Samsclub website
Mar 7, 2011 2:15 PM
I wish I had seen this forum before I made an unfortunate purchase of Innomax White night Organic latex mattress being sold at Samsclub web site. The mattress has been a disaster. I opened the zipper cover that it is enclosed in and saw only bits and pieces of wool that it is supposed to be encased in. Their is only very little wool in it. The mattress feels very firm although I had been informed by Innomax and speciality sleep services that it had a soft to medium feel. By sleeping on this mattress I have developed pains all over my body. I have shoulder pain in both shoulders, I have upper arm pain in both arms, I have pain in my joints mainly elbows, knees.  I have noticed that I have been tossing and turning all night. I am getting almost no sleep unless I am dead tired from physical exertion and even then I get barely 3 hours of sleep. 

Their is customer representative by the name of Edna at speciality sleep services that sells this mattress to sams club and I was told she was going to work with me. But they have played fools with me. They are telling me to buy their polyurethane topper that they are selling for almost $400. Edna also left a message on my mobile. I could not believe when I heard it. She was reading description of the mattress from the sams club web site! She was trying to persuade me how great their mattress is and to keep it.  Her voice was unusually sweet like she was talking to a child! These people think I am a fool.

Are there any ways to make this mattress comfortable? Please offer some suggestions.

This message was modified Mar 7, 2011 by richardp
Re: Regretting buying Innomax white night Organic latex mattress from Samsclub website
Reply #8 Jul 20, 2011 4:15 PM
richardp wrote:

I wish I had seen this forum before I made an unfortunate purchase of Innomax White night Organic latex mattress being sold at Samsclub web site. The mattress has been a disaster. I opened the zipper cover that it is enclosed in and saw only bits and pieces of wool that it is supposed to be encased in. Their is only very little wool in it. The mattress feels very firm although I had been informed by Innomax and speciality sleep services that it had a soft to medium feel. By sleeping on this mattress I have developed pains all over my body. I have shoulder pain in both shoulders, I have upper arm pain in both arms, I have pain in my joints mainly elbows, knees.  I have noticed that I have been tossing and turning all night. I am getting almost no sleep unless I am dead tired from physical exertion and even then I get barely 3 hours of sleep. 

Their is customer representative by the name of Edna at speciality sleep services that sells this mattress to sams club and I was told she was going to work with me. But they have played fools with me. They are telling me to buy their polyurethane topper that they are selling for almost $400. Edna also left a message on my mobile. I could not believe when I heard it. She was reading description of the mattress from the sams club web site! She was trying to persuade me how great their mattress is and to keep it.  Her voice was unusually sweet like she was talking to a child! These people think I am a fool.

Are there any ways to make this mattress comfortable? Please offer some suggestions.

Unfortunately, bedding is very personal to some folks. Especially those that have back maladies. On my sojourn to find a mattress that would alleviate my back pain, I was subjected to the “Used Car Salesmen” mentality. There are folks out there that are only interested in your money.

I spent the last 30 years on a wave-less waterbed. While they can be dialed up or down for firmness, they have their bad sides. So after having the forth leak in the mattress I decided to go and see if I could make my waterbed a regular bed. After several calls to the remaining water-bed folks in the DFW area, I managed to get the Hard side frame attached to the drawers under the platform. Now I was ready for the mattress. So what should I get. Well we have a plethora of mattress shops. I even have one that you go in and they'll make you a mattress in the back. I think I heard all the usual about how each shop had the best mattress. Even though most of them were selling from the same manufacturer.

I noticed that many of the regular mattresses (SS, Beautyrest, etc) tended to try and manufacture a mattress for the masses. Yes they had some high end beds (mostly memory foam). They weren’t really listening to what I wanted in a mattress. While I finally decided on a less know manufacturer, the sales person at the store gave me some really good advice. Folks forget that when they change from their old mattress, even if it's worn out or sagging, you body and musculature gets use to the old mattress. He told me that it typically takes from one week to a month for your body to adapt to the new environment. Sometimes the discomfort subsides and you can get some good rest.

So, I'm not saying that you didn't give the mattress a rigorous tryout, but to consider the possibility that you may have to spend some more time evaluating it. However, if you're in too much discomfort then my point is moot. This doesn't preclude the fact that Sam's is giving you the run-a-round. They can't legally resell the mattress should you decide to return it. Sam's sometimes doesn't consider the customer in their dealings and sometimes focus more on the bottom line.

I certain feel for you and your plight. Keep us apprise of the outcome. As you know there are a lot of folks on this forum that could steer you in the right direction should you decide on getting a different solution (I vote for Latex).smiley

Best of luck......

Recent Posts