Pure Latex Bliss
Oct 30, 2010 9:54 PM
Hello all, so my wife and I am about to pull the trigger on the Nutrition model with a 2 inch pillow top from Sleepy’s.  I know some forum members were looking to purchase a Pure Latex Bliss and wanted to know what the purchase experience was like.  How did the negotiations go, delivery and how satisfied you are with the final product. 

Thanks all.

Re: Pure Latex Bliss
Reply #10 Jun 15, 2011 4:25 PM
I posted this on a different thread, but thought I'd put it here as well.  My family has some experience with these mattresses that I thought I'd share.  Our story is a little convoluted, put positive.  I should start by saying that the local mattress store we dealt with does not carry the Nutrition (they have the Pamper, Nature, and Beautiful) so I have never tried the Nutrition.  I'm a soft mattress kind of gal so I immediately fell in love with the Beautiful but was worried about $$$ so I bought the Nature.  My gut feeling was it was too firm in the store but was trying to fall in love with it and opted to get it anyway.  Sure enough, I was right, it was way too firm (for me) and I was not sleeping well.  I'm a side and back sleeper and my shoulders would ache when I was on my side, and they would continue to ache throughout the day.  I gave the Nature a few weeks but it just wasn't working out for me.  I was struggling with what to do......a comfort exchange, get a topper, etc.  My Mom had been with me throughout this whole process and although she wasn't mattress shopping for herself she was starting to rethink her situation and the mattress she had.  She is a firm mattress kind of gal and really liked the Nature.  She came to my house one day and took a nap on the Nature so she could try it out.  She immediately fell in love, so what we ended up doing was she took the Nature and I bought the Beautiful.  The store had the delivery guys make the swap and we both got what we wanted.  I'm still nervous about the extra $$$ I had to spend to get the Beautiful but it was worth it, for both of us.  This all happened just a few months ago.  My Mom loves hers, as is, and wouldn't change it for anything.  She tells the whole neighborhood how great her new bed is and how she's sleeping like a baby!  I'm a little harder to please and have been tossing around the idea of a topper (I know, more $$$).  Honestly, it's not a need, but a want, and I don't even know if I'll get it.  My last bed was a pillow top so I like that feeling and it would just give a currently wonderful mattress that oh-la-la feeling.  Hope this helps.
Reply #11 Jun 18, 2011 5:09 PM
@needtosleep636, I will do thatjust wanted to hear from others!

I am very sad to report that my mattress delivery went bad last Thursday, there was no way to get thefoundation up to my bedroom they took evey thing back and ordered a custom 2 split foundation. Until next Thursday...

Reply #12 Oct 11, 2011 9:37 PM
Pure Latex Bliss is advertised as the best thing in the world but this is very far from reality. I brought the 10" Pure Latex Bliss mattress and topper at Sleepys. While at the showroom, I thought that the mattress was a bit firm but decided to purchase it anyway since it had great reviews(which I now know are definitely fake!). The first night of sleeping on this mattress left my wife and I with terrible lower back pains. We thought that it might take some time to get used to but the pain just kept getting worse as the days passed. In total I kept the mattress for about 10 days before doing a comfort exchange(which costs $250 plus about $90 delivery fee by the way!). Latex, unlike memory foam, is a very firm material that immediately bounces right back up once the pressure is removed. The comfort exchange I did was for a myside series 6(level green) mattress. To add insult to injury the myside matress is also terrible! In short, I think Pure Latex Bliss, Tampurpedic, Myside, etc. are all SCAMS!!!!!! You should go back to either getting a basic $400 bed at the local furniture store or spending no more than $1,000 on a good bed. In total, I spent over $3,000 and didn't even get a good bed out of it.

Recent Posts