Pure Latex Bliss - Nutrition
Mar 19, 2012 3:12 PM
This is my first message here, although I have been lurking for a while. Looking at the posts here, it was somewhat confusing because there seems to be so many bitter complaints from people about their mattresses... but it seems like people with the latex beds are the happiest.

After deciding on a latex bed, I had to decide whether to get a "name" Latex bed from a local store, or a do-it-yourself type situation where they mail it (i.e., SleepEZ, Foam Sweet Foam, etc.)

After being offered a decent discount, plus delivery, setup, and removal of the old bed, I went with the PLB from the local store. I liked the idea of having a warranty from Latex International (which owns PLB) vs. a small retailer, and did not really want to deal with the hassle of getting rid of the old bed, then dealing with 200 pounds worth of latex received via UPS.

One of the nice things about where I bought it is they allowed me to try out the beds for an extended period of time (I had to be there for perhaps two hours at least). I was able to try out all the models - both by themselves, and in combination with the 2 inch and 3 inch PLB toppers.

I went with the Nutrition over the Beautiful. I was concerned that the Beautiful would be too soft, whereas I could always get the PLB topper if the Nutrition ends up being too firm.  They had toppers there, and the two inch one seemed to work great.  It added a plush feel to the bed while still maintaining the basic support and firmness of the Nutrition model.  With the three inch topper, I was mostly feeling the plushness of the topper, and firm support under the topper became more vague (hard to put this sensation into words).

Anyway... now I have to wait for delivery.  I'll provide an update after I have had a chance to use it.  I hope it works out ... by far,the most I've ever spent for a bed.

Re: Pure Latex Bliss - Nutrition
Reply #1 Mar 19, 2012 8:02 PM
I think so. Nutrition is 6 inches base at 36 ILD, then 2 inches at 28, with a final layer of 2 inches at 19.
This message was modified May 20, 2015 by a moderator

Recent Posts