The Problem with Tempurpedic mattresses
Nov 29, 2011 10:11 PM
The problem I have with the warranty is that you are led to believe the mattress will last 20 years. However, the bed softens over time and becomes saggy in the spots where you sleep. It can become so bad you can have major back pain and need a new mattress  In order to get a replacement from tempurpedic it has to sag more than 3/4" when no one is on it. This is impossible to show since it springs back to its original position.Initially you may love this bed and then it needs to be replaced say maybe within a year! The only way your tempupedic mattress will last 20 years is if you aren't sleeping on it. And I have no idea how to get a replacement if the "only" problem is that the mattress is so soft it no longer offers any support..
This message was modified Nov 29, 2011 by roy1
Re: The Problem with Tempurpedic mattresses
Reply #18 Aug 5, 2018 9:06 AM
We received a king size Tempurpedic bed (King mattress and 2 twin foundations) for an anniversary present 17 years ago and have been very happy with it until the last couple of years. I am a side sleeper and I have been experiencing occasional severe hip and leg pain upon awakening. Fortunately it goes away within an hour or so of being up and moving around. Perhaps the mattress is getting too old. There seems to be a very slight sag effect but not at all severe. I love the way it deadens motion, as I am a very restless sleeper and my husband and I often keep different hours. I am also generally very comfortable in it at first. I have devised a sausage-shaped pillow out of a knee sock which I use to provide support and take the pressure off my hip and side. This works if the stuffing is relatively fresh, and if I position it just right, and if the planets are aligned. But I am concerned about nerve damage as my nerves are hypersensitive in general. I am reluctant to spend mega bucks on a new mattress in hopes of getting one as good as the one we now have. I also don't know if it's my own quirky health matter, or if it's the bed. Can anyone suggest any other hacks to what we have now? Waffle foam topper maybe? Different brand? Or should we take a chance on spending a small fortune for a new one? Any particular model? Thanks!

Recent Posts