Overwhelmed side sleeper in need of relief and latex mattress help!
May 11, 2012 5:19 PM
I had been given this site along with SleepEZ, FloBeds and SleepLikeaBear as recommendations to purchase a new latex mattress.

I am a side sleeper that suffers from upper (shoulder neck) pain but more lower back pain from our current crappy old as heck spring mattress w/memory foam topper. 

My boyfriend says he is just fine on our mattress and is leaving it up to me (he's a snorer, side or back sleeper and about 200 lbs where i'm about 140), and if we are going to spend this much money i want to get him the appropriate ILD as well.

Flobeds says i should have M/M or M/F and him F/XF but i've also heard their ILD is off from SleepEZ and that i should go F/F for me and XF/XF for him? Does this sound about right? (or correct me b/c i'm getting more overwhelmed the more i read)

BUT since i'm a side sleeper i've started to read about this zoning and now am even more confused. is a 6" core good to start and then add toppers as needed? or should i really consider a topper to start as well?

Re: Overwhelmed side sleeper in need of relief and latex mattress help!
Reply #28 Aug 9, 2012 10:31 AM
I agree that a coil mattress might be the way to go.  We've been sleeping on a Simmons Beautyrest World Class Felicuty Plush for 12 years, and it has been a good mattress.  Now it's time to look for a new one, and I think I will look at the Restonic since it's less expensive than Simmons.  BTW, I am 140, 5' 3' ,have side thigh pain and am a side sleeper, so I need to keep this in mind when shopping. Hubby is 5'9". 165 lb.  Weight isn't really an issue for us.

Recent Posts