Ordered the SleepEZ 10,000 today! (updated ... Ikea slatted base modified and more)
Aug 27, 2010 2:01 PM
It should arrive at the end of next week.

I talked to Shawn and he was very helpful and seemed knowlegable. No up-selling whatsoever and was very straightforward regarding the differences between their different products.

Based on our discussion I went with the king size blended Talalay, Split with S/M/F on both sides to start.

I'll post pics and impressions when it arrives.

This message was modified Sep 20, 2010 by Ganderson
Re: Ordered the SleepEZ 10,000 today! (updated ... Ikea slatted base modified and more)
Reply #20 Sep 20, 2010 9:02 PM
I got around to modifying the Laxeby base as mentioned above. Even with the sliders all the way towards the center (soft) the adjustable slats were a little stiffer than the single slats.

Without disassembling, I slid the shorter bottom slat out from each position and pushed the sliding adjusters over the rubber end cups to secure them.

Since the loops in the center ribbon are larger in these locations these slats are now have more play and freedom of movement not being as tightly "tied" to the surrounding slats.

I haven't seen a problem with this in the last couple of nights and there is noticably more give in the shoulder and hip zones than with the double slats in place... so that is good.

I am holding off on the Dormeir protector for now and added a pad from Ikea as a layer of protection. It is the Ikea SKYDDA MJUK with their version of a Coolmax-like temperature-regulating liner. It is pretty nice and the temp regulating action works pretty well. I actually woke up last night due to the unfamiliar feeling of lying on an unusually cool feeling surface... neat. Another thing I like is that the pad only covers the top surface and is secured by really stretchy elastic straps on the corners. It seems a little cheesy until you realize that because it doesn't stretch over the sides and wrap under the mattress, it doesn't add any tension (snare drum effect) to the top surface.

In my first attempt at adding a plusher top surface I have ordered the Costco Cuddlebed since it is inexpensive and I can return it locally if it doesn't work out.

Recent Posts