Old memoryfoam.com (Mark Reigle) customer needs help . . .
Jul 16, 2012 1:11 PM
Howdy All!

In 2006 I purchased several Latex International Talalay cores from memoryfoam.com (back when Mark Reigle owned it) for a DIY queen bed -- I couldn't be happier to this day.

I am trying to reproduce the bed for another family member and I am having difficulty finding 3-inch cores at any sort of reasonable price.

Here is what I want:

• 2x Queen 3-inch 44 ILD Talalay Core
  • 1x Queen 3-inch 40 ILD Talalay Core
  • 1x Queen 3-inch 36 ILD Talalay Core

In 2006 they were $285 each, shipped. Any recommendations?

Also at the time, I purchased the Coolmax 12-inch Queen zippered cover and am having difficulties finding one. Any suggestions?

If it makes a difference I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Old memoryfoam.com (Mark Reigle) customer needs help . . .
Reply #3 Jul 16, 2012 2:41 PM
I am aware of what you are looking for, I have looked for the same thing, unfortunately that is the closest thing that I found to a cover. The only other Coolmax covers I found were only available as part of a complete mattress. Good luck on your search.
Reply #4 Aug 21, 2012 4:51 PM
Bump.

What are some of the preferred sources for Talalay cores?

Thanks!

Reply #5 Aug 22, 2012 8:56 PM
Higgins wrote:

Bump.

What are some of the preferred sources for Talalay cores?

Thanks!

From what I know, the only US manufacturer of Talalay is Latex International.  Find a few of the online mattress shops and price what you want.  There is no preferred source, pricing wise.

GK

Reply #6 Aug 23, 2012 3:12 AM
SleepEZ has what you are looking for and from my research their customer service is top notch, even prior to purchase. Might want to give them a call.
Reply #7 Aug 23, 2012 8:55 AM
GKDesigns wrote:

From what I know, the only US manufacturer of Talalay is Latex International.  Find a few of the online mattress shops and price what you want.  There is no preferred source, pricing wise.

GK

Looks like LI has updated their website.  This page lists some of their online resellers.

And, review their discourse on 100% Natural vs. Blended Latex... they don't hesitate to recommend Blended.

And, this page suggests that they have abandoned their nominal ILD N-scale used for 100% Natural and now use the same one ILD scale for both Blended (Talatech) and 100% Natural Latex.  This would be a good simplification if you can now spec either product by the same ILD firmness scale, 14-32 for the pressure relief layers and 36-44 for the support core layers.

GK

This message was modified Aug 23, 2012 by GKDesigns

Recent Posts