Newbie wanting help
Feb 15, 2011 12:59 PM
Hello people, I am a newcomer to fancy beds (not innersprings). I would like to get suggestions as to what could be possiblities for me. My statsistics are as follows:

6.2 male, 230 pounds, sleep on the sides like majority of population, and acquired low back injury as a result of an unfortunate accident at a doctors office!

I have a sealy posterpedic now that is causing me pain on my joints when I wake up, don't know why is that?

My requirements are that my poor body needs a soft sleeping surface that does not hurt my body when I lay on it. Since I am almost 230 pounds of mass, I do not want to sink to the bottom of the mattress. 

I have read some posts on this forum but almost all of them seem to say they have some big problematic situations with their latex beds.  I have not come across any posts that are saying glorious things about their latex beds.

I would like to add that my cousin has a temperpedic - Rhapsody bed that I have slept on but my body says it is too firm for its liking.

well if any of you are happy with your latex beds, do please let know what I should or shouldn't buy. let me know about from whom should I buy. Your time and effort is highly appreciated.

Frustrated soul.

(My god they don't make good beds in America, this process is much harder then finding a loving wife or a nicely valued quality used car!. what is this country coming to? people are sleeping on metal springs with a crappy layer of thin polyurethane as a padding!)

Re: Newbie wanting help
Reply #8 Feb 22, 2011 12:07 PM
my 2 cents, why overpay for some perfect vision of comfort that does not exist. I am 54 yrs old, 6'2" - 220 lbs, lower back pain that is in remission but still occurs if I don't sleep on my side primarily no matter what the mattress is. I also stretch my back at least 3 times per week at the gym.

I use mid level firmness regular spring beds, pillow top, usually test them in a sleepy's or equivalent, then purchase online.  Purchasing closeout models online can usually pay under $1000.  Just bought one via Presidents day sales for $770 including delivery.

Re: Newbie wanting help
Reply #9 Mar 27, 2011 12:21 PM
JP,

Which mattress did you end up buying and from what store? What are the specs (size, coil count, coil gauge, layers inside)? Do you like it? I sent you a PM as well.

thanks!

Recent Posts